Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Thanks

Default ...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

okay well now the other baby i have is getting sick aswell. i feed these guys everyday for four days, and leave one rest day. all my geckos have grown up this way. i have had geckos a tiny bit older (2 months instead of 1 month) and they are half a year old now and doing fine.

i feed cgd with calcium and vitamin d3 added every other feeding.

i know the gecko is sick because well its eyes are sunken in and all those fun classic signs of mbd but ive been giving him calcium!!!! frustratinggg!!!!!!!

i gave it some calcium right aways with d3 and im hoping i can save him unlike the other one i had... i have no idea what im doing wrong.

is there someting im missing here?! HELP (freaks out)
    -becca-

Thanks

Are you sure they're getting enough water? It sounds like they could be dehydrated if their eyes are sunken in. Maybe increase the spraying. You can also put them on a towel in an open area and spray them to make sure they're drinking. Do you have a humidity gauge? Also, I only give D3 once a week because too much can be toxic. Which crested gecko diet are you giving? The Repashy Diet, so I've read, is supposed to have all the nutrients it needs so you only need to dust crickets with calcium and D3 once a week. I only add calcium to it when my females are pregnant and right after. Are there any other symptoms? Hope this helps.. it's all I can think of!

Olivia
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

i have been using the same feeding schedule for a couple years now and i have had little to no problems. mon, wed crickets and friday i give t-rex and leave it in there two days. all my animals are fat and healthy

and i have noticed that since i switched over to t-rex i dont even need to dust crickets anymore. they have huge beautiful calcium sacks.

Thanks

Man, what I think is that they may have to much D3 in them.

Hopefully Dr.Alan will chime in and we'll see what he says.

*HUGS*
    Best of luck!!!
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

*hugs back* yey my first forum hug! haha

but you know what, that could be the problem, d3. i just freak out and think they cant absorb it fast enough... yikes. i never thought about that.

i remember once my older gecko almost got a kink; when he wrapped his tail around my finger you could see it kinda bend a weird way; but then i gave him calcium and d3 just once and his tail straightened out really quickly!

i think that's it then!

oh and the food is t-rex, not repashy, sadly...and i spray them twice a day.. thats enough right? the humidity is 65-70, its tough to keep it up.

thanks you guys! gee i love this forum.
    -becca-

Thanks

Yeah 65-70% humidity is fine
    I know when I first got mine I freaked out about them not being able to absorb the calcium but when I read that not enough is just as bad as too much.. same as D3.. I finally settled down lol

Keep us updated!!

Olivia
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

The "T-Rex" and the "Repashy" CGD is the same food... unless you're talking about the new 2 part mix where you have to mix the base with the flavored nectar.

Gary

Thanks

No its becuase T-rex also carries the sandifre dragon ranch CGD.
    John Barkowski
    1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
    Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sciteacher View Post
    The "T-Rex" and the "Repashy" CGD is the same food... unless you're talking about the new 2 part mix where you have to mix the base with the flavored nectar.

Gary

Cgd( either one) Does not need any added supplements when used as the main source of nutrition. Doing so may cause problems. Sunken eyes are a definate sign of Dehydration which can be caused by parasites, exposure to high temps, and many other stresses. Sometimes a gecko may not drink from a dish and extra care must be taken to mist them more regularly than the ones that do. I would get a fecal done asap and attempt at rehydrating your gecko. What other actual syptoms are you seeing? Best of luck, I hope it turns around for you
    ~ Cheers,Mandy

www.crestedjunkie.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile4life View Post
    No its becuase T-rex also carries the sandifre dragon ranch CGD.
    Not sure what you're trying to say... the CGD has been known by several names, but it's all formulated by Allen Repashy and is all the same stuff, although he's tweaked the formula over the years. He used to be with Sandfire Ranch (so the CGD was associated with Sandfire for a time). He then supplied the diet to T-Rex who marketed the same CGD in the small containers you see in pet stores (with purple tops - still the same stuff). Now he's selling it under his own name in ziplock foil packets, but it's still the same stuff you'll get if you buy the small T-Rex bottles.

As I said before, he also has a new 2 part mix where the base (healthy nutritious part) is separate from the flavor nectar (sweet, tasty part), and the two must be mixed before feeding, but the old CGD formula that is complete and only needs to be mixed with water is still available also.

Gary