Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New PI chewies from Sundown Reptiles!

Thanks

Default New PI chewies from Sundown Reptiles!

So I purchased some hatchlings from Sundown Reptiles last week, and Bryan overnighted them last night! I'm going to be gone Thurs-Sat so he was kind enough to make sure we did the shipping this week. One is 3 months old, and the other is about 5 weeks old. The first is Frank Fast lines and the 2nd is Steve Cemelli x Kent Householder lines. I'll put some of the pictures I took and also those from Bryan:

(#8) PI (first 2 picks are Bryan's, 2nd two from this morning)

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  46.4 KBName:  AHHHHHH!!!!.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  95.6 KBName:  P1010512.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  89.4 KBName:  P1010513.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  89.7 KB

(#20) PI (first 2 pics from this morning, last pic from Bryan)

Name:  P1010510.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  88.0 KBName:  P1010511.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  88.2 KBName:  #20.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  87.3 KB

Thanks for looking!
    2.0.0 Cats (rescued: domestic med hair, and ragdoll--Podraig, Otemma)
    0.2.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli (High white Pine Island and Pine Island (x Bayonnaise) )
    1.0.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (GTA x Mt Khogis)
    0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (yellow flame, halloween harley, Eggs, Bacon)
    1.1.0 Mniarogecko chahoua (Pine Island)

Thanks

Congrats on the chahouas. They are very addicting. Loving the pattern on the 2nd one.
    1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Thanks

I know! They are addicting....I'm still contemplating getting a sibling of one of yours..... But I have a little while to wait before I make that decision. I don't know what the parents of these guys looked like because they came to Bryan as eggs, so its an extra bit of excitement waiting to see how they turn out! I want to just leave work and go stare at them for the rest of the day!

I have them both set up in KKs in a glass hex tank (~35 gal), they have pcfm and water and some fake greenery and pipe insulation to hang out on. My very small Dubia group is in there too in another KK (2 females 4 males--no babies yet). I have a UTH on the hex tanks bottom--the dubia are directly over that to encourage breeding and the chewies are to the side and above. I have a temperature controller set at 75 C for now, though depending on what the mat is capable of I might increase it a little bit.

I know that maybe not too many people will see this question, but I've been milling around with this idea---to keep up humidity in the hex (and kritter keepers) do you think its ok to put a little water in the bottom of the hex?--its water tight. Just something I was thinking about.. I already feel kind of happy with the 3 containers being warmed with one mat idea...

Anyway, my head is spinning! I'm very happy with my new additions! I really like being able to share my excitement with the forum as well, haha. You guys don't think that 5 geckos is too many...!
    0.2.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli (High white Pine Island and Pine Island (x Bayonnaise) )

Thanks

" know that maybe not too many people will see this question, but I've been milling around with this idea---to keep up humidity in the hex (and kritter keepers) do you think its ok to put a little water in the bottom of the hex?--its water tight. Just something I was thinking about.. I already feel kind of happy with the 3 containers being warmed with one mat idea..."

If you have an UTH you don't want to put water on top of it. It can cause the tank to crack, per heat mat instructions that I have used before. I wouldn't try it personally.

5 geckos is not too many. I have more chahouas then that (I think I'm up to 7. lol) and lots of other geckos as well and I have a small collection
    1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

5. The Following User Says Thank You to insane1818 For This Useful Post:

hooray (10-16-2013)

Thanks

I've read that too(!!!), but I have no idea why the tank would crack if you allowed the water to heat up with the mat... It doesn't make sense to me based on my knowledge, but maybe they just mean if you add cold water into an already heating tank it might crack--that's the only situation where I could see that potentially occurring. I guess they just want to cover their bases... Oh well maybe I'll think of trying it another time when I'll be home to watch what happens. SCIENCE!! and whatnot....

I know 5 geckos is nothing on this forum, haha, but at my job my coworkers think I'm a little wacko... They just don't understand!! :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hooray View Post
    I've read that too(!!!), but I have no idea why the tank would crack if you allowed the water to heat up with the mat... It doesn't make sense to me based on my knowledge, but maybe they just mean if you add cold water into an already heating tank it might crack--that's the only situation where I could see that potentially occurring. I guess they just want to cover their bases... Oh well maybe I'll think of trying it another time when I'll be home to watch what happens. SCIENCE!! and whatnot....

I know 5 geckos is nothing on this forum, haha, but at my job my coworkers think I'm a little wacko... They just don't understand!! :P
    Just be care if you try it, I'd do a smaller cheaper tank with no geckos in it. If you do try it let me know what happens.

Yeah my family and friend here think I'm a crazy gecko hoarder lady and I'm like you don't understand! All my gecko friends have much BIGGER collections.

Thanks

So happy to see them go to a good home! By the way...#20 = Sellers remorse!
    Enjoy!
    -Bryan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bryan suson For This Useful Post:

hooray (10-16-2013)

Thanks

I hope that 20 lives up to your remorse (no offense!), 20 is my favorite so far--already trying to get crickets and exploring. 8 is just hanging out in an 'S' shape trying to look invisible....for now! Probably just a little more settled in their ways because they're older, haha.

Can't wait to watch them grow!

Thanks

Ha! With all that light base patterning, I am predicting that one is going to color up something sweet...

Thanks

Aweeeesome babies! I picked up one from him too DD stock

The Gecko Garden on Facebook - IHerp http://iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.asp...f-3b7f36b4d856