Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlington Show

Thanks

Default Arlington Show

OK, it's way too early to ask, but...

Anyone going to the NARBC show in Arlington Texas? I am already excited about it and it isn't for another month. I don't recongize anyone off the vendor list as a Pangea person but I don't know all of your business names yet. I know there aren't too many of you in the southwest area but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

I will be making the trip. They probally haven't updated the vendor list lately though. I don't have any cresteds but I do love em. Make sure to stop by and say hello.
    My thoughts and opinions based on my experiences. Jeremy Letkey

www.RainingRedStripe.com

Thanks

I'm going to try to make it to the show. I've never been to any sort of reptile show/expo before so it'll be something new for me. I won't be a vendor or anything. But just figured I'd pop in for a day, attend whatever events are going on and maybe do a bit of shopping.

Thanks

Jeremy-No, they haven't added your name yet but I will stop by. My son is dying for a leo. I say no though cuz he already has a beardie that I have to take care of. We'll see though, I'm a soft touch.

Shiwolf-This is a big show to go to for your first one. Most are not like this. There is a local herp club show in Arlington several times a year with some real good vendors but it is small. Usually only 20-25 tables and 1/2 of them have the same things over and over. We will vend at that show (probably) in the fall of this year. But we won't have the same as everyone else. (I hope)

I'm pretty easy to spot. Either my husband or I will be chasing a 18mo old little girl and we will be followed by a 10 yr old boy who will either be proudly carrying his new *whatever* or will be chatting someones ear off at a table. Hope to run into you two and anyone else that can make it by. All those New York show people have me all jealous!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults

Thanks

Hi 4minters. Yeah, I've heard of the small herp show in Arlington too and definitely wanted to take a trip to that one sometime soon and see what it's like. I've really put off going as I hate driving over to Arlington... especially when I don't know where I'm going in Arlington. However I have been to the convention center there a few times and know exactly where that is.

Oh, and I have a question and I feel kind of stupid for asking but do some vendors take other forms of payment besides cash? Like are some set up for credit card transactions? I was just wondering as I would love to find some chahouas or maybe even a leachie but they're kind of pricey geckos and I know there's no way I can come up with that kind of cash for the show. Plus I don't think I'd feel comfortable toting around that kind of money either. (Nor would my husband allow me to go with that much money. lol ) So alternative forms of payment would certainly be welcomed.

Thanks

That's not a dumb question. LOTS of them will take a check and many of them are set up for credit cards. The convention center has an ATM in the lobby as a last resort. It charges like 3 bucks fee though. Yeah, the local shows there are in remote places. This last one was at the Elks lodge. They had a good vendor turnout but the place smelled like cigarettes and alcohol and was in a less than luxurious neighborhood. This one will be awesome. Good luck finding the gecko(s) of your dreams.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults

Thanks

Just a reminder that this show http://narbc.com/htm2006/dfw_index.htm is this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow after I get my animals packed up. Make sure to stop by and say hello.
    My thoughts and opinions based on my experiences. Jeremy Letkey

www.RainingRedStripe.com

Thanks

I wish I could go. I'm 3 hours away and my truck isn't registered. I have to file for lost title and I won't get it in time to register and all. Dang. I knew I shouldn't of procrastinated. Even if I got to go I don't have the money really for something new. I think I need to give somebody my wish list and have them call me with prices.

Thanks

UGG I want to go, its an 8 hr. drive, Tinley was so much fun I'm sure this one will be too wouldn't mind meeting Nigel Marvin either.

TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!!!!!!!
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

I am so bummed. It looks like we won't get to go after all. Money is very tight and we shouldn't push our luck. It's killing us both! I want to go!!!! It's just not the responsible thing to do. I hate being a grown up! John wanted to see Don Soderburg's lecture and Austin, my son really wanted to see Nigel Marvin. I just want to go to see such a large show. Who knows, it may get the better of us and we'll go anyway. If I go, I'll take the camera, but you know my skills-someone else better take pics too!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults