Thread: HELP - need advice

Thanks

Default HELP - need advice

I'm looking at this ad: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...076526106.html
    Talked to the seller and will probably pick it up. Does this look legit to the more experienced people here? He said it's about 6months old.

Thanks

It would be my first Leachie if I got it. He said it eats crickets but isn't fond of CGD, although he keeps CGD in the cage. He's gotten it to eat fresh bananas ok though. Does it look healthy to people? Anything I should look for or ask about when I go see it?

Thanks

The ad seems legit as he says he wants experienced keepers and that he says its not a good gecko for kids which I wouldnt expect a fake seller to say. I would pay in person as you never know, especially when you have the option. She looks healthy, I don't see any obvious deformities and she doesn't look underfed(odd diet though). You should ask for weight in grams, locale of the gecko as the different leachie locales grow to different sizes etc. At 6 months old she should be at least 20 if not 30 grams. It seems odd that the gecko eats crickets but not CGD. As usually its the other way around as almost all leachies will never touch a cricket or any bug. Im guessing his leachie also eats the CGD but you never can really tell.

They will grow slower in the winter but during summer they like to grow like weeds, I got one baby last year around this time at 6 grams, he grew to around 20 by the end of winter and during this summer he grew about 40 grams.

Thanks

Thank you, I just wanted another opinion. In the ad he states it's a grande terre ×nuu ana mix. I thought it didn't look too bad off in the pic but wanted another opinion or two in case I was missing something blatant. I will probably get her tonight unless I see something for a better deal at the reptile show today. I'll post pics as well if I get her.

Any other input?

Thanks

How much does he want for her? As most babies run from 300$ to 450$ or a lot more if their a rare locale. But for mixes your looking at 250$+ on average.

Thanks

Hes asking 280

Thanks

280$ isn't a bad price but you should be able to find some for sale at the show for about the same price.

Thanks

I paid 300$ for my isle E. He's the one I was talking about in my post. I don't have any recent photos but here he is at 40 grams:

Name:  oliver3.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  9.0 KB

Thanks

Thanks. I got her as well as a chauhoua (sp?) From the reptile show. I'll post pics soon.

Thanks

Nice! I wish I had a chahoua.