Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centruroides exilicauda (Arizona bark)

Thanks

I saw a couple of guys on TV put a bunch of those live in their mouths. One of the guys got stung a bunch of times inside and outside his mouth, and had to go to the hospital. He didn't look too good. I think the show was ripleys believe it or not. On that note.....very cool! Josh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MiNuRvA View Post
    Yeah, I know. Everyone gets a good laugh out of that one. It flew up my shorts and landed on my ass, I had no idea what it was so I made the mistake of swatting at it and smashing it under the fabric. He got a little angry about that. My friend was laughing so hard, here I was crying and trying to make sure there's no stinger stuck in my butt cheek, but how do you do that in public? I couldn't just drop my shorts, although it hurt so bad I almost did. Meanwhile once my friend could catch his breath he starts taking pictures of me crying and holding my ass. SIGH. I hate fishing now!!
    LMBO! OMG, that is too funny. Sorry your butt was attacked... (*still laughing*) ... but it makes a great story!
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

ill have one

Thanks

i may be wrong, but i think i remember reading that the Arizona Barks are the "hottest" scorps in the US and are medically very significant!!! ron
    1 sulcata tort 1 russian tort 2 red foot torts 3 hingeback torts
    1 leopard tort 3 greek torts 1 box turtle
    2.5 hissing cockroaches 3.11.?? c. hentzi scorpions dubia roch colony
    isopod colony 3.5 Emperor scorpions 2.5 c. vitattus scorpions
    4.6.1 crested geckos 1.1 halmahera geckos 0.0.3 leopard geckos
    1.1.7 gargoyle geckos

Thanks

Their venom is incredibly overrated. They can be dangerous to young, old or infirm (immunocompromised), but unless you are allergic to their venom their stings are just painful and the numbness can last for a while. I've known many people who've been stung and there was no severe reaction. They can be dangerous to pets though!

They are called the most venomous in North America, but wandering into Mexico puts you in contact with really venomous scorpions! Some are even in the same genus (Centruroides). C. suffusus - the Durango Scorpion, is considered more deadly.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Thanks

If you were talking to me, well I own L.Qs and A.bicolor which are about 10 times deadlier so I'm pretty experienced with scorpions.
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5