Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beware the Square!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crestielovely View Post
    Unfortunately, this is why so many vendors won't take credit cards at shows. This sort of thing is definitely not new. Can you imagine if that had been a snake sale for $2,000?

While I understand Square may very well be the worst, this can happen when taking a credit card at any show through any company. I hear about it time and time again. I will accept paypay, but even that has it's risks. It can cost a lot of money to set up readers, the fees can be outrageous, and then things like this can occur. I'd rather lose a sale outright and still be in possession of the animal than sell said animal and have the money taken from me later. To me, it's just not worth it.
    The problem with Square unlike any of the others is that there is no phone number to contact anyone at. So fine, any company can and will do a charge back, but at least any other company has a live human to talk to to at least try to resolve the issue.
    Heard rumor or fact who knows this just happened in Daytona for a total of 5K with square.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko_Haven View Post
    Heard rumor or fact who knows this just happened in Daytona for a total of 5K with square.
    Ugh, that's disgusting that it's even possible for that to happen. Feel terrible for that vendor.

Thanks

Please keep checking that page and pass this along to your friends and fellow vendors.... even if it is your Grandma that uses Square at craft fairs!

Thanks

WOW.... I just had this post notification sent to me from the site... how's THIS for a damning allegation?

There is a new comment on the post "Square Review".
    http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/cr...square-review/

Author: melanie
    Comment:
    YOU MUUUUST READ THIS!!!!!! FYI!!! CHANGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!! ASAP~!
    Here is the worst part-
    They will NOT allow you to remove your current bank account information-
    You have to change your ENTIRE bank account info because they will continue to have that info and there is apparently no limit on a CC dispute by anyone who claims a chargeback- it could happen at any time!!!
    In my case- I have emails and texts confirming the use of the clients card- but after a personal fall out with the client- 3 MONTHS later - he claimed I had committed fraud. Unreal! But I thought it would be easily solved with all of my proof.
    So I sent all this info via the questionnaire. They sent an email back within 8 hours saying they were taking the funds- I could not believe it. I tried to call. LOL- that was a mind blow.

I am disputing the unauthorized charge from Square with my bank - and in the meantime- since I cannot remove my account off their site-
    which is insane to me..
    I had my checking account closed and opened a new one.
    Worst experience..... when I needed to talk to someone- no one EVER answered.
    So now- I only use check or cash.
    I would never commit fraud- so the fact that it is even on record somewhere that I did- is infuriating to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontown View Post
    WOW.... I just had this post notification sent to me from the site... how's THIS for a damning allegation?

There is a new comment on the post "Square Review".
    http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/cr...square-review/

Author: melanie
    Comment:
    YOU MUUUUST READ THIS!!!!!! FYI!!! CHANGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!! ASAP~!
    Here is the worst part-
    They will NOT allow you to remove your current bank account information-
    You have to change your ENTIRE bank account info because they will continue to have that info and there is apparently no limit on a CC dispute by anyone who claims a chargeback- it could happen at any time!!!
    In my case- I have emails and texts confirming the use of the clients card- but after a personal fall out with the client- 3 MONTHS later - he claimed I had committed fraud. Unreal! But I thought it would be easily solved with all of my proof.
    So I sent all this info via the questionnaire. They sent an email back within 8 hours saying they were taking the funds- I could not believe it. I tried to call. LOL- that was a mind blow.

I am disputing the unauthorized charge from Square with my bank - and in the meantime- since I cannot remove my account off their site-
    which is insane to me..
    I had my checking account closed and opened a new one.
    Worst experience..... when I needed to talk to someone- no one EVER answered.
    So now- I only use check or cash.
    I would never commit fraud- so the fact that it is even on record somewhere that I did- is infuriating to me.
    You have to be kidding me!! I did not even try to remove my bank info from that site until the chargeback issue is resolved. Now it looks like I won't be able to remove it. Good grief.

Thanks

The posts on that site keep getting more and more unbelievable... and they are exploding. Please pass the word to anyone using or THINKING of using Square.

Thanks

I thought of it, but then realized that they bar the selling of "occult supplies." This could, uh, mean practically anything. It's kind of ridiculous.
    3.4.5 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Nuu Ana Leachie, 3.5.1 Cats, 1.3 Dogs, 2.0 Rats, 0.1 Mildly Tolerant Partner

Thanks

Wanted to give an update. Last night I received an email from SQUARE. They said the following

Hello Gecko Haven,
    We want to let you know that there will be an upcoming adjustment made to your Square account.
    We challenged a past payment dispute on your behalf, and it was resolved in your favor. We will be applying a credit in the amount of $194.50 to your Square balance.
    The adjustment on your account will be made on 09/14/14.
    Needless to say after a year or however long this has been, we are finally getting our money back. Payment in full minus their fees that were taken out when the transaction first came about. Two weeks, guess there will be an update!!
    Last edited by Gecko_Haven; 08-31-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: info

Thanks

Seriously, it took a YEAR for this to get worked out? I mean, at least they decided in your favor, but that took way too long!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crestielovely View Post
    Seriously, it took a YEAR for this to get worked out? I mean, at least they decided in your favor, but that took way too long!
    YEP!! I sent them all the info on it. How it was customer fault, never heard a word from them until last night! I was like TINLEY money!! lol