Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*crestedgeckogirly*~ read at your own risk...LOL

Thanks

Default ~*crestedgeckogirly*~ read at your own risk...LOL

Ok, well, guess I'll say hello since I've been posting here a few weeks now

Here's about the only pic of me on my computer...so, I guess it'll have to do...

Well, my name is Andrea, and I'm 24 (for about a month longer anyway). I'm 5'6'' and have absolutely no piercings. I have nothing against them...I just never got around to getting any. I do have some ink on my lower back...some goofy girly thing that I won't mention :? At least I think it's sexy...although, that has nothing to do w/why I got it.

I've always liked animals, but cresteds have 'occured' in the last couple years. This year was my first breeding them. I am up to 25 of them now...so, guess I'm officially addicted.

Hmmm...well, I've had horses since I was 11...and showed up until college. I still have them, but really haven't showed recently. I love frogs...I've had them for probably 6 or 7 years now. I think I'm up to 5 different varieties now.

I am finishing my chemistry degree at the University of Cincinnati...and working at various labs in the mean time (gotta pay for those crix somehow!!).

I love to read and take long walks on the beach.....LMAO...just kidding. Thought this was starting to sound like an ad for a personal... Anywho, I do like to read...mostly world lit stuff. Originally I was going to be a scientific tech writer, so I was majoring in english and chemistry. Yes, I'm a total geek

I love going to concerts with my...well, boy 'friend'...DON"T ASK. Anywho...my favorite groups are SHINEDOWN and Three Days Grace. Absolutely LOVE going to Shinedown concerts!!! Better than s...well, a lot of things

Enough for now...gots to go to work in the morning. If you want to know anything else you're just gonna hafta ask. :P

Did I mention I love Cresteds????? LOL 8)
    Last edited by crestedgeckogirly; 03-16-2006 at 11:04 AM. Reason: broken link
    Visit us online at: www.crestedgeckogirly.com
    Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crestedgeckogirly21

Have YOU Hugged a Gecko Today?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum...even though you've been here awhile...you're face is now officially welcomed anyway!! lol I'm actually going for a biochem degree to become a lab tech and hopefully in a forensic lab! Maybe we can talk shop sometime? Glad to have you and don't forget to post pics!!!
    Jillie
    3.5.19 Crested Geckos (0.3.15 for sale)
    0.1.0 R.Brev (pygmy chams)

www.CelticHerps.com

Thanks

Hey glad to put a face with a name

see yeah around :wink:
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Good to meet you!!
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos

Thanks

yes, nice to meet you crestedgirly!! Chemistry major WOW!!! I couldn't hack it in chemistry class in high school!! hated it!! I see you have interests in frogs, awesome!! How bout some pics when you get a chance??

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums! Chemistry, huh? I hated General Chem with a passion, but loved Organic Chem; I'm wierd like that. What breeds of horses did you show? What seat do you show? I used to be in 4-H growing up and showed my Morgan horse Western and English (no jumping though). What's your favorite part of working in the labs?
    "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
    You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
    --Bare Naked Ladies

Thanks

Well, um, welcome to the forums, lol
    -Chao0104-
    0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
    If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Thanks

Nice pic. Good to put a face with a name. Welcome.

Thanks

What breeds of horses did you show? What seat do you show? I used to be in 4-H growing up and showed my Morgan horse Western and English (no jumping though).
    Well, I started off showing my mutt...he's actually an arab/quarter cross. Such a cutie! I only ever showed him western. My second horse I showed western and english...and he was a reg. quarter horse. My third was also a quarter...but, he's a palomino...which is cool...and he's HUGE...love my boys!! I still have the first and the last horse...middle one was sold b/c it tried to kill me one to many times

I bought the last horse b/c he was a jumper...but, ended up also showing him western...and he was actually good at both...which as you probably know is a little weird. Especially since he was so big, getting him that collected was very very cool. (sorry to bore you non-horsey people )

Anywho, I guess my answer is that I showed in a little bit of everything. Mainly 4-H...but several open shows as well. I also did a bit of contesting with the middle horse.

What's your favorite part of working in the labs?
    Peace and quite!!! LOL. No, there is something to be said for the peacefull "click, click, click, click, click" of a stir bar...yes, I'm a geek!! I'm actually working on a well-known brand of cough syrup at the moment...

I'm actually going for a biochem degree to become a lab tech and hopefully in a forensic lab! Maybe we can talk shop sometime?
    VERY cool. I have several friends that are in that field. Forensics are cool...definately the best of luck with that I'd love to talk shop...maybe you will get the stir bar reference.....

I see you have interests in frogs, awesome!! How bout some pics when you get a chance??
    Ok...just for you :wink: The only pics I have at the moment are my Gray Tree Frogs (Hyla versicolor and Hyla chrysoscelis)...but, they are SOOOO CUTE!!!

Pudgy little guys, aren't they? They just absolutely refuse to look towards the camera!!! :?

OH...these three frogs are (in order of appearance...l to r) Slimy (H. chrysoscelis), Abu (H. versicolor), and Kermy (H. versicolor). On a side note, color has nothing to do w/their classification...you can only tell them apart by call (and chromosomes....one's diploid, the other tetraploid)...yes, geek factor again 8)
    Visit us online at: www.crestedgeckogirly.com
    Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crestedgeckogirly21

Have YOU Hugged a Gecko Today?

Thanks

Lol, awesome frogs, they look nice
    -Chao0104-
    0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
    If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.