Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am so damn freaked out!! Earthquake in OKC

Thanks

My whole family lives in Southern California so I'm completely used to earth quakes. I used to sleep through them as a kid most of the time. Other times, we'd all get up and go somewhere safe until it rolled through. Now that I'm in Northern California there aren't as many. In fact, I haven't been through an earthquake in years... well until about 6 months ago. I was at my dad's house visiting.. I was in the bathroom and the shower doors (glass) started clanking together really bad. I thought.. ugh, the dog is out there SO excited I'm home that he's shaking the damn house. Well, it was an earthquake. I've never been through a major one.. just ones where some stuff fell off the walls, but I would GLADLY take an earthquake over a hurricane or tornado ANY day. Guess I'm just a California girl

Olivia
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

I remember the 7.0 one we had that took out part of some of the freeways.

Thanks

lol, I live about 20 miles away from the san andreas fault line. Growing up in cali I just learned to sleep through earthquakes. LOL when we use to have earthquake drills in school we wouldn't even duck and cover. It was just the same old stuff.

Thanks

Never been really freaked by earthquakes until, the one in 1994. That one really shook. I think it was right below 7 on the richter. I lived on the third floor of an apartment complex, and slept on a waterbed. That one slammed as well as shook, and I couldn't move anyway. Figured if my time was up or not I would just ride it out. Lost power and everything was dark. Ended up sitting in the open space out front after it was done with my portable radio and making coffee on a camping stove with some friends and the manager until daylight.

Only blessing is I worked in the roofing business, and the recession ended that day for us in SoCal.

Thanks

haha sorry.... i slept through a 4.0 at my grandmas in pleasanton.... and we've had a few small ones up here in chico.... i must admit i can tolerate the tornados and hurricanes better cuz you can at least see them coming!!
    Jillie
    3.5.19 Crested Geckos (0.3.15 for sale)
    0.1.0 R.Brev (pygmy chams)

www.CelticHerps.com