Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: BFG Smoothie

Thanks

I have BFGS coming and I'm curious how much food is given to 1 crestie that is in the 16g ballpark? 1/4 teaspoon? 1/2 teaspoon? Less? More? Thanks!

Brad

Thanks

All four of my geckos(from 4grams all the way up to 40grans) prefer the taste of BFG over repashy. If they are both offered in the same night, I will see the BFG eaten and the repashy seemingly untouched. They do, on occasion, eat repashy, but it seems just to maintain themselves and none of them seemed to be gaining any weight on a pure repashy diet. That being said, they still don't clean their bowls of BFG, but their intake has definitely increased since I have began offering it. I offer repashy every feeding and BFG every second feeding (just because most of my geckos refuse insects and repashy is the only diet that is recommended as "complete")
    4.5.5 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Corn Snake
    1.1.0 Axolotl
    2.0.0 Ball Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I'm going to cut out the 50/50 baby food mix and offer CGD as a staple and BFG as a 1 night a week treat.
    That's what I've been doing, CGD on weekday feedings and BFG on either Saturday or Sunday. I've also been giving them, as a treat, pureed fruits no more than once a month (things like mango, blueberry, blackberry, banana) but they haven't shown much interest. Puck (24 grams) has been eating more since I've started this, he seems to really like the BFG but he's also now eating more CGD too. Calcifer (8 grams), I can't really tell as I rarely notice any evidence of him eating other than slow but steady weight gain and frequent poops. Bugs are a rare treat for them but I'm planning on trying to up that to at least once a month. Also thinking of adding PFM to the rotation soon.
    1.0 leopard gecko 0.1 corn snake
    6.11 c.clypeatus 1.0 c.compressus
    iherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emmasarah View Post
    All four of my geckos(from 4grams all the way up to 40grans) prefer the taste of BFG over repashy. If they are both offered in the same night, I will see the BFG eaten and the repashy seemingly untouched.
    How much BFGS are you offering per night?

Brad

Thanks

I'm using the 1.5 oz cups for the adults and 0.75 oz cups for the juvenile, a contact lens case for the baby. I really just eye it out.
    4.5.5 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Corn Snake
    1.1.0 Axolotl
    2.0.0 Ball Python

Thanks

Well I got my BFGS yesterday which I fed last night. I checked his food bowl this morning and he ate more than I've ever seen him eat in one sitting. I can see the bottom of the dish. Woohoo!!!

Brad