Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubbermaid All Access 56qt Organizer Mod & Review for Cresteds

Thanks

Default Rubbermaid All Access 56qt Organizer Mod & Review for Cresteds

Someone on a Uroplatus group I am a member of found these are their local WalMart and posted a photo of them. I was pretty excited so I hopped online and ordered some for myself. You can purchase these at Rubbermaid.com or one of their distributors, which are WalMart, Target, and Shopko. They are Rubbermaid's new All Access organizers.

I ordered the small which is 11 gallons and the same footprint as the medium. I also ordered the mediums which are 14 gallons. The smalls are kind of an awkward size and too short I think, and they would be very difficult to mod for young juvies if you wanted to small geckos per tub. They might be suitable for young sub adults or larger juvies however. They are also not suitable for small hatchlings at all. I think they could squeeze in to some bad spots and possibly get squished or pinched by accident. So I wouldn't really recommend these for smaller geckos. There are kind of a lot of crannies in these tubs, which might make cleaning a pain, but the plastic is smooth so it should still be easy to remove waste with a jet of water. I have just set these up so I can't say how hard they are to clean just yet. I like the dark sides as I think it gives the gecko an extra sense of privacy and security. The front door is fairly clear, but not crystal clear. The plastic seems sturdy and not overly soft, but at the same time it's not difficult to mod these either like some of the other bins that have extremely hard plastic. The small and mediums have grooves in the lids to stack securely so they don't slide all over. Overall, so far, I have a positive experience with these and I like them.

There is a large size available for purchase now, but I couldn't find them when I bought mine and I have no idea how many gallons they are or how big they are in person.

This is a modification for the medium size.

I forgot to take a photo of the bin before I started cutting. Sorry. Here's where I chose to make my vent. I just cut one hole to see how the humidity is in my climate with just this opening. You could put it on the door, I might try another with the screen on the door, but for now, it's on the side.

I would recommend cutting your hole further down however, as it has these obnoxious little pieces of plastic on the inside that are a huge pain to try and hot glue your screen to.

Screen. I trimmed it a little after this, that's too much screen.

And just plaster the glue on there and make a big mess...

Ta-da! You can hardly tell what a mess I made with the glue inside.

All put together and everything has been washed. The pipe insulation 'branches' are thanks to NiceRhac (link at the bottom).

With a gecko inside.

Hope this was useful!

Pipe insulation tutorial can be found here:
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ipe-Insulation!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Crested_Gecko96 (05-26-2013),finnabhar (04-04-2013),Jennz4 (06-03-2013),loui1203 (04-04-2013),Pugwinkle (08-19-2014),Silveretta (04-09-2013)

Thanks

I saw those when I was tub shopping! All those nooks on the inside look like a pain, but being able to stack and have a door might be nice. Let us know when you get multiple done and start stacking them up! It also doesn't look as bad as I imagined when I was checking them.
    1♂ 1♀ 6? Crested Gecko; 1♂ Eastern Kingsnake; 1♀ Western Hognose Snake; 1♀ mutt hound dog, Gerdie; 3 Lepidodactylus lugubris

Thanks

Wouldn't it be better to put the screen on the outside surface to glue? That way the sharp wire edges are away from the gecko.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleh View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to put the screen on the outside surface to glue? That way the sharp wire edges are away from the gecko.
    This would be correct, however I don't believe this is wire screen. Usually people use fiberglass screen for their enclosures, which is much softer and safer and doesn't rust.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmy For This Useful Post:

Styx (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleh View Post
    There aren't any sharp edges of the screen, the screen is made of vinyl

Looks good Styx! I like the door!!! I may have to check these out. Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TaraLeighsCresties For This Useful Post:

Styx (04-04-2013)

Thanks

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep these in mind if (when) I need another. I like the kmart flip lid I got for Calcifer but they weren't easy to find around here. Maybe these will be.
    1.0 leopard gecko 0.1 corn snake
    6.11 c.clypeatus 1.0 c.compressus
    iherp

Thanks

I saw these at target the other day and thought they'd make an awesome crestie bin!
    <3 Rachel (Kiwi Geckos)
    My iherp
    Bunches of critters.

Thanks

I saw them posted on another forum and would love to try it! Unfortunately, they're not available in Canada yet. Great setup!

Thanks

Dang, I just bought a bunch of new tubs too.. those are exactly what I was looking for. Might just need to make a change.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

How much are they??
    [[ 0.1.0 Red Tail Boa - Portrait ]] ~ [[ 1.0.0 Ball Python - Spartacus ]] ~ [[0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - 'Shroom ]] [[ 0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu - Dragonfly ]] ~ [[ 0.1.1 Cresties - Dotcom & Charmander ]] ~ [[ 1.1.0 Dogs - Jose Cuervo & Sheeta ]]

Looking for a breeding pair of orange eyed crocodile skinks. Cant seem to find them anywhere