Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hobbies

Thanks

And I've only seen two of the "standard" Collies?
    Rough collie Roughs are fluffy, smooths are...smooth lol. Logan's the only smoothie I've seen around here outside of dog shows. Even then, at this show (which is a BIG show) there were only 4 smooth collies.

I love clicker training new behaviors, but beyond that it's not that useful for me. I'm about to start clicker training Logan to free-stack through shaping. Hand-stacking works, but free-stacking looks better, and is what is traditionally done in collies. By the time my dogs get to working/competing, food actually reduces their attention, so they work better without food. People tend to think I'm strange because I don't take bait into the conformation ring, and I usually don't carry treats with me when Logan's working (unless we're working on a new task). He's a bit TOO food motivated
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko - The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe
    0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth
    1.0.0 Smooth Collie - UCh URO1 Moxie's Adamantium Man BN RA CA HIC CGC TT, SD
    1.0.0 Boxer - URO1 Gavroche de la Rue RA CA CGC

The Eclectic Collie

Thanks

besides my amateur herping, i am an aspiring lacrosse goalie, as well as jazz bassist. general fitness, biological/chemical sciences and learning italian occupy the rest of my day, and because there isn't enough hours, i'm a midnight hockey player oh, i might also add that i am a cereal connoisseur, being that i live off of it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CollieMonster View Post
    Rough collie Roughs are fluffy, smooths are...smooth lol. Logan's the only smoothie I've seen around here outside of dog shows. Even then, at this show (which is a BIG show) there were only 4 smooth collies.

I love clicker training new behaviors, but beyond that it's not that useful for me. I'm about to start clicker training Logan to free-stack through shaping. Hand-stacking works, but free-stacking looks better, and is what is traditionally done in collies. By the time my dogs get to working/competing, food actually reduces their attention, so they work better without food. People tend to think I'm strange because I don't take bait into the conformation ring, and I usually don't carry treats with me when Logan's working (unless we're working on a new task). He's a bit TOO food motivated

That's a neat idea for baiting, I am new at showing too. I have a clumber spaniel breeder friend who's let me show one of her puppies. I did real we'll too, got first place. Still hard for me getting the point system down when showing in conformation. I am thinking of showing again, just need to get a dog first lol.

1.0 crested geckos( Mocha) 1.1 Red tailed boas (zues and athena)

Thanks

My other hobbies are gardening, I grow orchids mostly. I have a nice size collection that keeps getting bigger lol.which of course means more watering and fertilizing for me haha. It's hard to stop, just like with owning reptiles

1.0 crested geckos( Mocha) 1.1 Red tailed boas (zues and athena)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikki88 View Post
    That's a neat idea for baiting, I am new at showing too. I have a clumber spaniel breeder friend who's let me show one of her puppies. I did real we'll too, got first place. Still hard for me getting the point system down when showing in conformation. I am thinking of showing again, just need to get a dog first lol.
    The AKC point system is very, VERY confusing. I still don't know if Logan got a point or not. The UKC point system is so much simpler!
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko - The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe
    0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth
    1.0.0 Smooth Collie - UCh URO1 Moxie's Adamantium Man BN RA CA HIC CGC TT, SD
    1.0.0 Boxer - URO1 Gavroche de la Rue RA CA CGC

The Eclectic Collie

Thanks

I must clear you one thing dear hobby is a part of an entertainment and also part of your life.So I mostly spend my time with my pets and A also would like to see online movie with my sandy.
    Now a days I just bought my new friend chameleon and I really like to spend my all time with him.

Thanks

Crafting. Beading mostly but I've gotten into using resin.

Thanks

Well this is good to hear your hobbies actually i like to gardening and this is my favorite hobby.
    I am doing gardening in my home and also make plants for growing flowers
    and trees this is not only my hobby but also my business.
    Last edited by Jerry 007; 04-12-2014 at 01:49 AM.