Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Thanks

Default Hobbies

So what other hobbies does everyone here have other than keeping geckos? =)
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Dork alert... Now that winter's over, I'm trying to get back into geocaching. It's hard to cache around here when half of the caches you look for are buried under a foot of snow. We just made it to 1000 caches found this fall.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaybee For This Useful Post:

Boanyoo (04-27-2013)

Thanks

We had someone get approval to put like 8 in my park this year. I don't think they are posted yet, but I need to find them just to know where they are
    (I'm a part time park ranger)
    1♂ 1♀ 6? Crested Gecko; 1♂ Eastern Kingsnake; 1♀ Western Hognose Snake; 1♀ mutt hound dog, Gerdie; 3 Lepidodactylus lugubris

Thanks

I'm into fish keeping. Mainly freshwater but I'm about to take the plunge into my own salt tank. I consider my job my hobby too, I work for an aquarium service that dabbles in fresh, salt, and planted tanks. I love it. I consider myself lucky to say that my job is FUN!

Beyond that, I'm a beginning writer. Starting with a collection of short stories, I will see how those fair. My husband and I are gamers too. I used to be into WOW but my computer exploded so now it's Fable, COD, Dark Alliance, Zelda, etc. We have almost every game system you can have.

To balance my indoor interests I'm also starting a garden. This weekend we are sectioning off where it's going to be in the yard! I'm excited about that.

And just about anything to do with my son, who is 18 months old now. I know that's being a mom not a hobby but I think he's pretty fun to play with too hahaha!

Thanks

I've started to get back into gardening and cooking (mostly candy and junk food)
    Raxicorocofalipitorious

Thanks

I love hearing about other people's hobbies! Keep them coming!

I also am getting back into fish keeping a little. Just started a little 4 gallon planted tank. I don't have much of a green thumb though.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
    I love hearing about other people's hobbies! Keep them coming!

I also am getting back into fish keeping a little. Just started a little 4 gallon planted tank. I don't have much of a green thumb though.
    I just redid my ten today. I'm not 100% happy with it but I need to fix the lighting so my bronze wendtii might make a comeback.

Thanks

Other hobbies...hmm...I have allot.

My newest ones are Cage Art (backrounds *havent yet started* and a few other projects in the making), making reptile earings and sewing
    0.0.0 Crestie(s)
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko[Hermes]
    1.0.0 Dog [Bert]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    I just redid my ten today. I'm not 100% happy with it but I need to fix the lighting so my bronze wendtii might make a comeback.
    Looks great to me! What lives in there?

Here's my 4 Gallon and 3 gallon planted tanks..:
    Name:  DSCN3384.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  92.0 KBName:  DSCN3388.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  93.8 KB

Thanks

I'm mainly into dog training, dog sports, hiking, camping, and fishing. We're going to be doing a lot more hiking now that the snow is finally starting to melt and it's nice out again and will be able to go out and do day trips/hikes a lot more often which I'm very much so looking forward to. Dog sport wise I'm going to get back into agility with Remy, continue nose work classes with Gambit, and possibly do some disc dog with both of them. I also maintain two freshwater aquariums, grow orchids and other plants, and enjoy some gardening. I used to be more into computer gaming but lately my schedule doesn't allow for it.
    0.2.0 Canines: Remington, Gambit
    0.2.0 Cresties Winchester, Ferdinand