Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you name your breeder business?

Thanks

Default How did you name your breeder business?

So I am just going to start to get into breeding, and most breeders have a business name or a "brand" name... ex Pangea, BHB Reptiles, ACreptiles, Pinup Reptiles (one around where I live), etc. Now I know you don't need a fancy-cool brand name to start breeding, and in the end its the breeder that makes the business... but I'm thinking ahead in the future....

...and I'm stuck. So tell me your story.
    1♂ 1♀ 6? Crested Gecko; 1♂ Eastern Kingsnake; 1♀ Western Hognose Snake; 1♀ mutt hound dog, Gerdie; 3 Lepidodactylus lugubris

Thanks

Around the same time I was getting interested in breeding reptiles I was also getting interested in ceramics and began to make ceramic gecko furniture or accessories. That resulted in . . . "Geckcessories".

Aliza

Thanks

I have another business called My Little Myth- fantasy sculptures, I thought the name applied to our little crestie dragons too so I shortened it to mlm and added reptiles-- MLM Reptiles.

Thanks

My name + what I'm breeding Hut.
    Peace, love, geckos
    Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis 1.2
    rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.2
    Rhacodactylus Leachianus 0.1

Thanks

Impact adjective + name of animal = Incredible Geckos!

On a side note if I ever open up a fish store I'm naming it "With The Fishes". Two reasons: 1. Because of the saying "sleeping with the fishes" in the mob movies. 2. The initials of the place would be WTF! And yes I thought I was quite clever when I thought of this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Incredible Geckos For This Useful Post:

Swampy'sReptiles (03-29-2013)

Thanks

Thanks

If you were breeding leachies you could name it "Lots Of Leachies". LOL! "Big Rhac Breeding" BRB! Just send me a gecko as payment for the name :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Incredible Geckos For This Useful Post:

Swampy'sReptiles (03-29-2013)

Thanks

We live in Mt.greenwood Chicago, seemed like a no brainer when it came to naming the
    business.
    Geckos and what not! Facebook.com/greenwoodgeckos

Thanks

For my reptile business I wanted something simple and straightforward that includes something about what the business involves. I decided I wanted "reptiles" in the name rather than "geckos" and I went from there. I was actually driving when I thought of Template Reptiles, and at first I didn't really think much of it, as it was one of a bunch I came up with. But the more I thought about it, the more I really liked it. I know some people use names that have to do with their interests and passions, or some people use words that have a meaning they like. You just have to play around with different ideas.

I thought the definition for template worked well for the name of my business as it is, "Something that serves as a model for others to copy".

For my other business, I wanted it to be able to encompass more than just dog tags and jewelry if needed. I love foxes and I knew I wanted to incorporate a fox into my logo, so I went with that. It took me a little while, but I eventually came up with Little Blue Fox Designs.

Don't feel rushed either. I've been breeding reptiles for quite a few years now, and I only came up with the name this year. In this industry your actual name becomes just as important to your reputation as your business name, and its better to focus on building on that than to worry about coming up with a name.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

I just named mine as well, since this will be my first season doing breeding projects. I kept trying to come up with names and finding most of them used or taken, to my dismay. However, since I live in the Pacific Northwest I was thinking about how geckos are like little bright spots of color on those gray rainy days spent inside... so I came up with Rainy Day Geckos. Also I used "geckos" instead of "reptiles", even though reptiles would have had a nice sound, because really I don't plan on breeding reptiles other than geckos.