Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chahoua prices, how much is too much?

Thanks

The price IS a little steep for me but I can't seem to find ANY others being sold.. (Non-Adults especially)

As far as colors go, I really do like the Camouflage-Green Variations.. and I would hope it stays green, But either way I would love it just the same.

Me personally, i'm indifferent about the white collar..with or without is fine by me

I asked the seller if he would sell it for $550 flat but he said the shipping cost is high to ship to the US from Canada, so he would not be able to do that. It seems understandable..

lol, ever since I bought my first geckos (a Gargoyle and an African Fat tail).. I can't get having a Chahoua out of my head.

I want one so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Females are almost always a lot higher in price than males. I would say that price is high for the male pictured. (In general, that seller seems to have very high prices for everything, including cresteds.) However, price is a subjective thing and determined by worth in the eyes of the buyer, and how much the seller is willing to let them go for. I would ask yourself- what kind of colors would I hope to have in an adult chahoua? Do I care about color? (If not, getting a young gecko would be fine, because they don't develop their colors until much later) Do I care about sex? White collar? Will I want to breed in the future? Also, sometimes an individual just... grabs you, and you have to have it. This might be the case with this particular one for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxrach View Post
    Ill be looking for one at the expo in SD in July
    I'm thinking that might be the smarter choice for me.. I'll definitely be there

Thanks

Personally, I think that's pretty expensive for a male. I'm new to chahoua, just got my first one in February, but I've done my research. Plus there are expos in California you can probably get a chahoua at. And other breeders here in the States, where shipping would be almost half that price. No need to be shipping all the way from Canada.
    1.0.0 M. Chahoua {Tiamat}
    1.0 Fluffy Cardigan Welsh Corgi {Rigby}

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Duders For This Useful Post:

TheGeckoLife (03-20-2013)

Thanks

I am in England, and one would be lucky to get 120 for a nice coloured male. I have one for sale male 5 months

Name:  chahoua 5 month male 9.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  99.5 KB

You can get this reptile courier ( bookings@animalcourier.co.uk) to take it to the next Hamm show for reasonable amount and then maybe find someone else who is buying reptiles at Hamm show to bring it over to America.

Might work out cheaper to buy one in England possibly, just an idea !

Thanks

Just so you are aware, Phillipe De Vosjoli is near San Diego, and has quality animals. When I spoke to him before, he was willing to bring them down in deli cups to meet half way.

I got my sarasinorum from him at microcosm, and am very happy. It's always nice to see the animals before purchase and avoid shipping.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptor22 For This Useful Post:

TheGeckoLife (03-20-2013)

Thanks

I actually was just looking at his site a few hours ago, I will look into that.

Thanks

Thanks

There's also Repticon at OC Fairgrounds, April 19-21.....Probably not quite the selection of the Super Show in July, but I saw some nice ones last time.
    The others are correct about pricing; age,sex and beauty all come in to play. However if you're willing to start with an unsexed juvie, you should be able to do it for $325 to $400. I have a feeling this will prove controversial, but at least at the SoCal shows, they're at least $100 less than they were two years ago.
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chockablock For This Useful Post:

TheGeckoLife (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who shared some great information.

I was finally able to land myself a PI Chahoua at a great price. Just waiting for warmer weather to allow shipping.

I got some really informative & helpful PM's about this subject as well, thank you to you guys as well!