Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chahoua prices, how much is too much?

Thanks

Default Chahoua prices, how much is too much?

I'm thinking of buying a Pine Isle Chahoua for $635 including shipping. The shipping would be from Canada to Southern California..

Is this is a good price for a 7 Month old PI Chahoua?

The next reptile expo in my area is not till July in San Diego... and i'm wondering if that would be a better place to buy a Chahoua (if they have them).

I want somewhat of a baby-juvenile Chahoua so I can somewhat raise it myself.

Is 7 months still considered young?
    Is $635 a good price?

thanks!

Thanks

Seems high for an average- but it depends on the quality of the gecko. If its exceptional then I would say its not too much. Does that include the shipping?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kwnbee For This Useful Post:

TheGeckoLife (03-20-2013)

Thanks

Yea, that includes the shipping. I thought it seems a bit high, as i've seen Leechie's for that price.

It's $550

+$85 shipping (To the US from Canada)

Hatch-date is August 22. 2012.

and it is 28grams.

Name:  NGC9-22-28-0213_PI_550_MALE.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  65.5 KB

Thanks

The pricing all depends on coloration and quality of the collar. If the pair who produced it have amazing color, and are known to throw offspring with great color and or good white collars, then 635 may be a great price. If they are bland adults with ok color, then maybe not. Pricing can also depend on sex. That price for a female of any quality is not bad at all. The only way I would say no for that price is if it is a male with bland coloration.
    Hope this helps,
    Bryan

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bryan suson For This Useful Post:

that_girl (03-20-2013),TheGeckoLife (03-20-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the input.

Does a white-collar have any significant meaning as far as the well-being or overall genetics of the Chahoua? The one i posted above doesn't seem to have it.

Just wondering why it's such a sought after trait?

Quote Originally Posted by bryan suson View Post
    The pricing all depends on coloration and quality of the collar. If the pair who produced it have amazing color, and are known to throw offspring with great color and or good white collars, then 635 may be a great price. If they are bland adults with ok color, then maybe not. Pricing can also depend on sex. That price for a female of any quality is not bad at all. The only way I would say no for that price is if it is a male with bland coloration.
    Hope this helps,
    Bryan

Thanks

That sellar has quality animals, so you are paying for a quality animal. At 28 grams, it should be sexable. If it's female, then you are getting a really nice deal. I wouldn't pay that much for it if it's male, but that's me.

White-collared animals are generally more desirable and therefore go for more money. White-collars can pop up from parents who don't know the trait. That seller has quite a few WC animals in their collection, so you have a good chance of having it in the genetics.

It's a pretty animal. Cost/worth is not always easy to determine. And one can never have too many chahoua.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to that_girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At 28 grams it should be sexable. $550 + shipping for a female is a reasonable price. If you aren't specifically looking for a female and are OK with raising up a young one, you should be able to find one for somewhat less.

edit... typing at the same time as Krystal.
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sciteacher For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks guys, all your input helps.

The Chahoua posted above is a male and it would pretty much just be a pet, But down the road I can see myself being open to breeding, So I can see why the female would be pricier.

I emailed the breeder a few questions about his Chahoua, I really want him, but i'm also trying to be reasonable..

Decisions decisions

Thanks

Females are almost always a lot higher in price than males. I would say that price is high for the male pictured. (In general, that seller seems to have very high prices for everything, including cresteds.) However, price is a subjective thing and determined by worth in the eyes of the buyer, and how much the seller is willing to let them go for. I would ask yourself- what kind of colors would I hope to have in an adult chahoua? Do I care about color? (If not, getting a young gecko would be fine, because they don't develop their colors until much later) Do I care about sex? White collar? Will I want to breed in the future? Also, sometimes an individual just... grabs you, and you have to have it. This might be the case with this particular one for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ill be looking for one at the expo in SD in July
    <3 Rachel (Kiwi Geckos)
    My iherp
    Bunches of critters.