Thread: Feeding... Or lack there of.

Thanks

Default Feeding... Or lack there of.

I feed my geckos peach baby food, which they used to scarf down, and the crested gecko diet. They wont touch the diet (which I hear is common), and wont touch the baby food if I mix the diet into it.

In last few days they haven't eaten much. Any advice or tips on getting them to eat? I fed them on my hand when I first got them when they wouldn't eat, and they took it just fine. And now they wont do it. They have food to them available 24/7 but haven't been touching it (the baby food is in a little dome shape to you can tell if they eat it).

Do they go through "phases"? My larger of the two is the one I do see eating from time to time. The other is very small and doesn't seem to be growing and I'm worried s/he may be getting to skinny.

Thanks.

Thanks

One may be bullying the other and eating all the food.Other than that, they may just not feel hungry or something.
    -Chao0104-
    0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
    If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Thanks

They're pretty stand off ish from each other, and they have enough food to feed 5 geckos in there hehe... I just wanted to make sure that going off feed for a few days at a time is normal. I don't know how often they're "supposed" to eat.

(Of course, if they were eating too much food, I'd limit em, I'm not that dumb I just feel bad limiting their food if they're already not eating much).

Thanks

I feed mine every other day but I feed them a good amount. They always have a bit left over but I'd rather have leftovers and full bellies than hungry geckos .
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos

Thanks

I think some just aren't as interested in food as others... I have a male that is about 1.5 years old and has never eaten much at all... I've seen him hunt 2 crickets ever, and he very rarely touches any baby food, mrp, or fresh fruit... I try hand feeding him and he'll take a lick and then run off...

it's like he's just got better things to do... he's skinny, but healthy.

just make sure your gecko is getting some food, even if small amounts... if it is not eating at all or getting boney, I would check with a herp vet.

Thanks

I noticed that you didn't mention crickets. I have some cresties that love babyfood over crickets and I have cresties that love crickets over babyfood. I think if you add variety, that could help in the eating department.
    I make my own food mixture up and have had no problems with picky eaters. Good luck.

Betty