Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leachie obsession

Thanks

Default Leachie obsession

Ok guys,

So for the last few days I've been scouring the internet to find information about leachies and available leachies from people who sell online. I want one so bad! And I'm in a financial position to obtain one (or two OMG I've gone leachie crazy..). I love the large size of the GTs, I'm especially fond of the yate and khogis locales... I also like the short cute snouts of the smaller island locales... The SO wants me to wait a month to make sure that this is really what I want (I've had my eye on these guys for a while I just haven't been able to justify it until now) AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY !! So, I guess I just had to get that off of my chest.. Anyone able to give me any advice? I don't know what I'm asking for really. Basically the SO is worried that I'll get bored, and also that I will eventually have a huge herp collection--I have to admit I may end up wanting a few different types of geckos down the road (when I'm out of grad school).

Tell me guys, how do you and your SOs deal with the impending "gecko half" of your current/future home??

Thanks

Thanks

My husband pretends it isn't happening, says no, or on a surprising occasion, says okay. I think the older our son gets the more okay he is with me having reptiles. Probably realizes that my evil plan is to raise our son up loving reptiles and doing breeding projects with me. Muahahahahaha.

In any case, definetly try and hold one to see if you like them before taking the plunge. I didn't see a full adult before I bought mine, and although I would never trade her for anything, I still know that I'm going to enjoy her more as an adult than I do now. I just want to have all the adorable pics from 5g up to adult size.

Thanks

I think my boyfriend is now more obsessed with his Crestie, Rigby, than I am with mine!

Haha, it was my suggestion to get a Crestie and he completely took over. So then I got 2 more And a Gargoyle! Working my way up to a Chewie and a Leachie *drools* they are to die for
    0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko (Ghost & Buster)
    5.3.1 Crested Geckos (Rupert, Percy, Phillip, Pox, Jekyll, Reesie, Jelly, Olive & Crimson)
    0.0.1 African Fat Tail Gecko (Norman)
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Boo)

Thanks

We all have our vices...mine is reptiles and the husband's is video games. Nowadays my hubby just shakes his head and laughs at me. He's realized he can't control my obsession so he might as well accept it. On the flip side, he spends quite a bit of time/money on his PS3 and I'm perfectly fine with that (though, I must admit I don't have much of a choice). Most of the time while he's playing his games, I'm playing with my reptilian children; however I do play on the PS3 with him on a regular basis...which I like to think earns me some cool wifey points My opinion is that as long as you have the time and finances to do it, then do it. Just make sure that when your SO finally accepts there's nothing he/she can do about it, you take the time to reciprocate.

...at least that's worked for ME so far lol. Good luck!
    Correlophus ciliatus
    Eublepharis macularius
    Dendrobates azureus
    Aspidites ramsayi

Thanks

I expect my guy to be more like possum's--he eventually caves (to make me happy) but I don't think he's crazy about the idea.. He thinks they're cool looking, but doesn't see that as a reason to 'catch 'em all'. He also has almost no vices, he likes watching sports and NASCAR and F1. I joke that he's already a miserly old man...he jokes that we'll never get a dog...I joke about leaving...We have our fun!! I think in the end we'll figure something out; I was just interested in everyone else's experiences! Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure I'll get a chance to hold one in person before I decide to purchase, but I'm trying to find a time to visit an expo. I know there are a lot within 3 hours of me, I just have to figure out where/when.

Thanks

My boyfriend is alright with it mostly. As long as I discuss snakes before buying and no tarantulas, he wasn't too happy about my pair of isle E leachies but that's just because he doesn't understand why someone would spend so much on them.
    Raxicorocofalipitorious

Thanks

White plains is coming up and you just missed long island. There are also 2 shows in jersey in the begining of april. Go to the leapin leachies table and you can oogle and hold as many leachies as you want.

Thanks

My Dad is as reptile mad as I am, he's sometimes even the one who buys any reptiles that catch his eye! My brother's okay with it, but my Mom is the main problem. We basically Don't tell her we've bought something until she notices there's one less empty viv.
    2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Thanks

I've been wanting a leachie for a few months now but I know my husband isn't too keen on the idea. Not because he minds my pets but because of the cost. Maybe some day.
    1.0 leopard gecko 0.1 corn snake
    6.11 c.clypeatus 1.0 c.compressus
    iherp

Thanks

I finally broke him! But only one for now, also the one I had my eye on is now possibly gone... If I'm lucky I might have a multitude of pictures to share soon.