Thread: A little update, Advice needed

Thanks

Default A little update, Advice needed

Alright, so just a couple days ago there was something off about my little guy Pit Stop. He seemed very...slippery, like he wouldn't stick to my hand like usual. Just seemed to slide right off, and so I haven't taken him out lately. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with him?

Pit Stop

Mew

Lighting is bad in these, any advice on photo taking?

Thanks

Pit stop might be getting ready to shed, if not check its feet to see if there is dried CGD or substrate, Generally its one of the two
    4.3.7 Crested Gecko
    0.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko

Facebook
    Rhacs Unlimited

Thanks

Nothing on his feet, hopefully he's just close to shedding then. Thanks!

Thanks

I have that issue with my little frogbutt, Houdini. Ever since I can remember she hasn't been all that sticky. Rough surfaces like carpet or fabric were a big challenge and any smooth surfaces were completely out of the question. She would just slide right off any vertical surface and tumble down until she stopped (its SO adorable yet SO sad to watch). After a couple weeks of being concerned (I have a few other juvie cresties that have had no issues like this) I just started watching Houdini walk and climb on every kind of surface I could find in my house. After a few minutes I noticed that Houdini just wasn't using her claws to grip the surfaces. She's been getting a little better with the general stickiness of her feet after her latest shed too.

Waiting it out seemed to work for me. Just keep an eye on him and take note of any lifestyle changes.

Do you see whitish areas in the gecko's arm pit? That usually signifies the gecko will shed soon.

And as far as photo advice, get as much light in those pictures as possible and try to use a high ISO so nothing turns out super blurry.

PS Pit Stop and Mew are both adorable.

Thanks

By the wrinkly sides on Pit Stop, i'm thinking that (s)he is a little dehydrated. Make sure you are getting the humidity really high at night.
    Brandon Terry <<crested gecko 0.0.2>>

Thanks

Brandonterry98- That's what I'm starting to think. He doesn't have any white-ish looking skin areas, and I think he may have shed already but I didn't see it so I'm not sure.
    I have him in a terrarium with moss and I covered the lid with construction paper because it is one of those mesh lids. Do you think that will hold the humidity better? Or should I try something else?

Thanks

do you find him in the moss during the day?
    Brandon Terry <<crested gecko 0.0.2>>

Thanks

Looks like this one is getting ready to shed to me.... How big is the cage, a mesh top should be fine.... Just make sure you mist well.

Thanks

No, I usually find them chillin' out on the leaves, I never see them by the moss unless there happens to be a cricket over there.
    I'm definitely going to mist them more, thanks for the advice! I got pretty freaked out, so thanks.