Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So She Said I Could Get a Snake . . .

Thanks

If you are limited to a twenty gallon. I would say best bet is a kenyan. They are very mild tempered and don't move around alot. I have a hognose, - mexican i have been told but basicly a western, he hiss and strikes alot, though never touches you. He does settle down and will wonder around your hand until something startles him. It is very cute, his name is Hissy-Spitty. The hog noses have issues sometimes eating, I never had problems with the KSB though my boy will only eat live.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

I think I'll go with a KSB as a nice, handle-able beginner snake that's still a wee bit on the different side. Their faces are stupidly adorable.

We even located a good spot downstairs for the tank! It'll probably be a few months before I get one. I want to research and make sure I have everything I need first.
    3.4.5 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Nuu Ana Leachie, 3.5.1 Cats, 1.3 Dogs, 2.0 Rats, 0.1 Mildly Tolerant Partner

Thanks

I'm happy you chose the KSB's! My favorite snake! You're definitely gonna love them....
    I also recommend the anery's. They look like little cow snakes.

Thanks

My local herp shop as an anery KSB for $50. If I had the tank together, I would've picked it up. XD
    3.4.5 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Nuu Ana Leachie, 3.5.1 Cats, 1.3 Dogs, 2.0 Rats, 0.1 Mildly Tolerant Partner

Thanks

Strongly disagree on sand boas being communal!
    Just to give you something else to think about. Check out African house snakes.

Limey
    www.royalreptilia.com
    More Fun Now!

Thanks

That's cool, I just thought it was odd because most snakes aren't.

I've seen house snakes, too, but I really like the little sand boas. We'll just be getting one.

Thanks

Sounds like you've decided on a sand boa but just to throw it out there, Rosy boas are very good snakes too and are a bit more active in the tank than a KSB.
    Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics Terms & Conditions