Thread: Much needed updates! DUW

Thanks

Default Much needed updates! DUW

Hey all! Haven't posted in awhile, and haven't taken pics of my kiddos in awhile either, so I thought I'd fix both problems and show you guys all the cuties. C:

Sunny, male, is really starting to show color.

Marmalade, one of the Pangea kids I picked up, is also getting more vibrant. Looking female!

Pumpernickel, second Pangea kid, is also looking female.

I picked up Amarilla last summer, and she's grown so much! This is her right out of the shipping box:

And this is her now:

She's a big sweetheart and a lot of fun to let folks new to geckos hold her and learn about the species.

At the last expo I went specifically planning not to bring anything home. Well, you know how well that goes... Meet Onyx!

She's in the bug-hungry teens and attacks shadows and my fingers on CGD nights, ahaha.

I also picked up this unsexed cutie, though it's looking like a female too. Here's Chantrelle:

As for babies I hatched late 2012/early 2013, here are the Icarus x Nova kids:

Viernes

Sabado

Domingo, a little Nova-clone

Chalcedony

And the weird one that's thrown me for a loop, Beryl:

I also ended up with a couple rescues from a hoarder situation. These animals had no access to water, weren't misted for days, possibly over a week straight, not fed, and have been rehabilitating with me for over 3 months now.

Iskierka, female L. williamsi. Huge kink in her back, she's not going to be bred, which is a shame considering how rare this species is, and with imports shut down. She came with a male, but he succumbed to the stress and his old age.

I still haven't named this girl. She's an O. castelnaui, normal phase. Her tail kinks are slowly getting straightened out, and she's been getting back to a healthy weight(she was very emaciated initially). Surprisingly, though she was never offered CGD before, she chows it down readily alongside her staple insect diet.

And for those of you who have geckos waiting on shipping weather for geckos from me, here are some photo updates. C:

Sx? 01 from J&JReptiles&Feeders

Who wasn't cooperating...

Sx? 02

Rye, from Pangea

It's a tough life, I tell ya.

Nick, who's always happy to see me

He's always smiling.

See what I mean?
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Thanks

Nice family you have there!
    0.0.3 Crested Geckos -Babies: Blaze and Bandit- Juvenile: Thicket
    0.2.0 Rats. Muffin and Gremlin
    0.0.11 Tropical fish

Thanks

Onyx and Rye are my favorites. Such cuties! Welcome back to the forums!
    Correlophus ciliatus
    Eublepharis macularius
    Dendrobates azureus
    Aspidites ramsayi

Thanks

good looking group, nice to see you again!

Thanks

Wow, sunny's a stunning little Creamsicle!
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos
    0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
    0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Thanks

Whoah Nick's pupils are two very different sizes, especially in his first photo. I've never seen that before. Is that normal for Tokays?

Thanks

Really like Onyx...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Nice family you have there!
    Thanks! These are just the newest additions from the last couple months(I've been so bad!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Onyx and Rye are my favorites. Such cuties! Welcome back to the forums!
    Thanks, glad to be back! I update my websites but I just haven't spent a lot of time on the forums. Definitely miss the community! If Rye was spotless she'd probably stick around, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwnbee View Post
    good looking group, nice to see you again!
    Thank you! C:

Quote Originally Posted by insaneglitchx View Post
    Wow, sunny's a stunning little Creamsicle!
    I know, I can't get over how he's developed. I knew he was going to be creamy, but his color was a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    Whoah Nick's pupils are two very different sizes, especially in his first photo. I've never seen that before. Is that normal for Tokays?
    No, a difference in pupils is definitely not normal for any gecko. Thankfully that isn't the case here. Nick's eyes were reacting to the difference in light.. the smaller pupil side is where light was leaking from a planted gecko tank's fixture.. and the wider pupil towards the dark corner of the room. His eyes are healthy and normal. C:

Quote Originally Posted by aalbertson3 View Post
    Really like Onyx...
    There's a reason she managed to find her way home, ahaha. She's got a hot future boyfriend planned for when she's older, too.
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.