Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangea's Arboreal Reptile PVC/Screen Cages... Opinions

Thanks

They're obnoxious as hell to put together the first time. I've found the trick is to make sure you line up ALL the holes for the bottom door before you start screwing all the side pieces together... otherwise you won't realize you have something on upside down/backwards till the very end, and then have to go back and undo it all...

Once you got it down the first time, they aren't so bad after that lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lauraleellbp For This Useful Post:

leaveittoweaver (02-26-2013)

Thanks

for they price you might as well just get two or three exo terra 18x18x24's at an expo or something because they are only $80-$99 each at the expos from certian vendors and they work way better for humidity and look alot better and last longer. i personally think that screen cages for cresteds is a bad idea. plus they are easier to clean and they are nicer to look at especially if you are using it as a "display case".

Thanks

for they price you might as well just get two or three exo terra 18x18x24's at an expo or something because they are only $80-$99 each at the expos from certian vendors and they work way better for humidity and look alot better and last longer. i personally think that screen cages for cresteds is a bad idea. plus they are easier to clean and they are nicer to look at especially if you are using it as a "display case". Check your local Petsmart they usually carry the sri lanka one for 70-75

Thanks

How many geckos would you guys say would fit in this cage?

Thanks

I've kept as many as 4 during the breeding season, but I'd say thats rather crowded for them. I keep just individuals or pairs in mine most of the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walksano View Post
    for they price you might as well just get two or three exo terra 18x18x24's at an expo or something because they are only $80-$99 each at the expos from certian vendors and they work way better for humidity and look alot better and last longer. i personally think that screen cages for cresteds is a bad idea. plus they are easier to clean and they are nicer to look at especially if you are using it as a "display case".
    Woe there fella, don't take the wind out of my sails I just ordered 2!

Seriously though this was my first thought, I even drove all the way up to Mananas, Virginia for the ONLY reptile expo I could find that would fit my Schedule (Military) They had them there all right... But they where at LEAST $20 more than what I could get them for at Pet smart. I attempted to order one online, it showed up at my house DESTROYED So I went been back to square one.

To be honest, I can sacrifice the extra $ spent on the exo terra for the looks. I was also concerned with the ability to Stack them which I don't feel comfortable doing with the exo terras. And the way I see it, if I need them to hold better humidity all I need to do is cut a piece of acrylic to fit over the top, and maybe half of the front but I don't think ill be needing to do that. I mist my exo terra 12x12x12 only at night (my place stays pretty humid here in Va, around 65% all day)

I was mostly concerned about durability but I have not seen any negatives in that aspect yet from anyone here or any where else.

Today I placed my order, I got 2 of these Arboreal cages, the new feeding ledge with the free can of CGD shipped to my house for right about $165. The two exo terras even at the lowest price I have seen would run me about $225 after taxes here where I live.

Im also not concerned with putting them together, I am very handy at stuff like that

I certainly appreciate all the inputs from everyone.

Thanks

Is there a video or more detailed instructions for putting this Pangea arboreal cage together somewhere online? I'm actually handy with this kind of thing, yet I find myself flummoxed by the instructions and lack of photos in the instructions. Way too much guesswork involved for my low level of stamina and energy. I bought this cage because I'm disabled and can't possibly lift a heavy Exo Terra (and have noone to help me lift an Exo Terra).

Thanks

Meh. Never mind. I figured it out. Woulda been easier with better instructions or a video, but all's well that ends well. It's strange that the bottom panel just sits there without being attached to anything.