Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangea's Arboreal Reptile PVC/Screen Cages... Opinions

Thanks

Default Pangea's Arboreal Reptile PVC/Screen Cages... Opinions

What do you guys think about these enclosures? I am looking for 2-3 display enclosures. The rest of my guys will be in Bins, but my best of the best will be on display and I am not trying to spend $300 for 2-3 18x18x24 Exo-Terra.

Currently I have 2 crested females both right at 35 grams in a 96quart tub. Two 10 gram Juvies in a 12x12x12 and a equally sized tub. Then one 9 gram Gargoyle in a 12x12x12 for now. I also have 2 eggs incubating and I am sure a clutch or two more on the way.

I am looking to use these for Cresteds, a Gargoyle and potentially a Leachie if I ever make that Jump. I would like my display cases to all match. I am ocd in that regard

Do these have the ability for a small light on the top?

How do they do for humidity?

And most important of all... Are they durable?

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/a...tile-cage.html

Thanks

I got one in December and I'm pretty pleased with it. Yeah you can put a small light on top. For humility, I live in a dry area so my humidity goes down pretty quick, so I have clear plastic on the top and bottom portion, but that's just my climate and house it could be different for you. And yes they are durable. their very light weight and easy to move around. I also feel that with the three walls being made of white PVS they feel more secure since they can't be seen from the sides. The only cons would have to be that's it a hassle to ensemble it took me forever and suction cups don't stick to the sides well. Also since the bottom part of the cage comes right of the cage is super is to clean. I make I wet the suction cup and area where it will be placed really well. Then stick it on really hard, Even so, they come off like once every two weeks. But it's not too bad. I've heard of people using magnets and hot glue. All in all it's a good cage for it's price, looks nice, light weight, and easy to clean. I'd say it's worth the buy. Good luck if you decided to buy it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martinez2828 View Post
    I got one in December and I'm pretty pleased with it. Yeah you can put a small light on top. For humility, I live in a dry area so my humidity goes down pretty quick, so I have clear plastic on the top and bottom portion, but that's just my climate and house it could be different for you. And yes they are durable. their very light weight and easy to move around. I also feel that with the three walls being made of white PVS they feel more secure since they can't be seen from the sides. The only cons would have to be that's it a hassle to ensemble it took me forever and suction cups don't stick to the sides well. Also since the bottom part of the cage comes right of the cage is super is to clean. I make I wet the suction cup and area where it will be placed really well. Then stick it on really hard, Even so, they come off like once every two weeks. But it's not too bad. I've heard of people using magnets and hot glue. All in all it's a good cage for it's price, looks nice, light weight, and easy to clean. I'd say it's worth the buy. Good luck if you decided to buy it!
    Is it safe to assume that I will not be able to do any substrate other than paper towel in the bottom of this? I don't mind that too much, but I was planning on natural vivs for displays. Maybe I will get two of these and have them on the sides of a exo 18x18x24. Ill figure something out. All opinions are appreciated.

If I could get some pics of your setup or anyone else's that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Can anyone chime in on using different spray paints to paint the PVC Black instead of white? I have some stuff used for painting aluminum boats, guns, metals and plastics. I imagine once dried, it would be safe. Any input?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE View Post
    Is it safe to assume that I will not be able to do any substrate other than paper towel in the bottom of this? I don't mind that too much, but I was planning on natural vivs for displays. Maybe I will get two of these and have them on the sides of a exo 18x18x24. Ill figure something out. All opinions are appreciated.

If I could get some pics of your setup or anyone else's that would be appreciated as well.
    Not unless you attach some sort of glass or acrylic to the bottom screen. I'll try to get some pics of mine to post.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

As far as durability, Vicki from Big Fat Geckos has some of these that are about 8 years old and practically look brand new!

I personally would not spray paint the PVC as I'm sure it would be harder to get clean. One of the huge advantages of the PVC is how easily it cleans- everything wipes right off with a damp paper towel, minimal scrubbing needed. I also started off hot gluing the bottoms in to prevent leaks... stopped doing that pretty quickly once I figured out that they really don't leak much anyways, and being able to remove the bottoms also keeps cleaning a breeze, since you can take the bottom to the sink to clean it, and everything rinses right out of the cage when you take them outside to hose them down!

Here's a few pics of how mine are set up:

[That's Speckled Like a Leopard being a gross boy ]

I don't run the pipe insulation horizontally in mine any more- tended to fall down too often. So I just run the big pieces diagonally across.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
    As far as durability, Vicki from Big Fat Geckos has some of these that are about 8 years old and practically look brand new!

I personally would not spray paint the PVC as I'm sure it would be harder to get clean. One of the huge advantages of the PVC is how easily it cleans- everything wipes right off with a damp paper towel, minimal scrubbing needed. I also started off hot gluing the bottoms in to prevent leaks... stopped doing that pretty quickly once I figured out that they really don't leak much anyways, and being able to remove the bottoms also keeps cleaning a breeze, since you can take the bottom to the sink to clean it, and everything rinses right out of the cage when you take them outside to hose them down!

Here's a few pics of how mine are set up:

[That's Speckled Like a Leopard being a gross boy ]

I don't run the pipe insulation horizontally in mine any more- tended to fall down too often. So I just run the big pieces diagonally across.
    I am really not concerned with it being harder to clean, I really dont mind that aspect. I would rather the background be black then white. I suppose its not that big of a deal, in the long run I do NOT want to risk the health of my little guys and that is whats most important to me. Im also looking into the boaphile setups... They seem nice, but I don't like the dimensions as much from what I have seen. They where 24x12x10 which seems a little on the small side for an adult or two.

Thanks

ilove the setup where did you find the pipe insulation at ?

Thanks

Bit the bullet and bought 2 of these today. I hope they are as good as most here say they are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noahhaderer View Post
    ilove the setup where did you find the pipe insulation at ?
    The stuff in there was from Lowes, but I like the PI from Home Depot better. It's more rigid, so holds up better to being crawled and jumped all over.