Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New to reptiles, Vivarium and Chahoua plans

Thanks

Ya thats pretty much the same conclusion i came to Emmy, I honestly think chahoua are better looking than even the high end designer cresteds. The calm demeanor for the most part was also a selling point for me.

Thanks

Question about background. I have been messing around with concrete backgrounds and they always seem to come out better. Do you think it will be too rough on a Chahoua belly? I am going to try one this weekend and see if I cant smooth it down with a wet paintbrush or something while its in the curing stages. Anybody have a link to somebody who has done one?

Thanks

You could always seal it after it has cured in 100% silicone. It would make the surface smoother to the touch and be less abrasive on a gecko's belly. New concrete has a very high PH level and I'd be nervous to leave that unsealed around geckos. I've heard that grout sealed with silicone or shields-all works well too though Check out this guys work: http://www.lizard-landscapes.com
    Maybe his website may answer some of your questions

Thanks

I thought about sealing it as well Emmy. That guy does some amazing work with backgrounds I have watched his videos several times.