Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent help....

Thanks

If its an umbilical hernia and it similar to te ones we see in cats and dogs, intestines may be able to become trapped and strangulated, leading to death. Back to the vet ASAP
    Crested geckos, sikorae, tokay, flying geckos, axolotl
    https://m.facebook.com/Gexolotl?ref=bookmark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimfishepet View Post
    If its an umbilical hernia and it similar to te ones we see in cats and dogs, intestines may be able to become trapped and strangulated, leading to death. Back to the vet ASAP
    I dont think there are any options other than to try and improve his living conditions and hope for the best. I dont think they can do surgery on something that small. At this moment he is getting a pedialyte sauna, cage cleaned entirely, new substrate (paper towel) fresh CGD, a cricket or two and the heat lamp is being completely removed. He will be in a room that stays at right around 72-75 degrees.

I honestly think he is just dehydrated. When we got him home he seemed fine, but I think with the new environment, stress from moving does not help. I also believe the heat lamp might have been drying out the enclosure too fast. So its going bye bye. I read it was not necessary but that some people say they can benefit from having a small basking spot. I think it was just too much.

Thanks

Did you let the pet shop know that you're having these issues just in case he doesn't make it? I don't mean to sound negative but even if he does make it, he's still not breedable from what I see from the other posts. Might be a good idea to let them know now if you're expecting any kind of refund for the animal.

Thanks

Yeah unfortunately as I grabbed my receipt from the shop I noticed it said under "live reptile" "non returnable"

Needless to say I was a little upset about that but its my fault for not looking him over well enough, never thought to look at the belly. Will do for now on. Your not negative... Dont worry about it, I like these guys alot but its not the same way I feel about my dog like some here. That's not a knock on any of the members here, I think its great that people love them like someone else does a dog but to me although they are great pets, have personality traits and what not I dont think they have emotional connections like dogs do. I hope for the best, if it does not pan out I will just have to do better with my next selection. Preferably at a different shop. I got him from a place in Va Beach called the "Animal Jungle" In the past I have been happy with doing business there but they obviously dont do much of a job looking over the animals (neither did I) and the fact that I bought him, got home and found the issue called and got told no refunds on reptiles was a load of crap... Ill be going else where for now on.

Thanks

Wow! Even Walmart and Petco have a better return policy than that lol! I do very much get attached to my animals, but you just bought this little one. Although it is sad to lose any animal, I just don't believe it's fair to lose the animal plus the money when the seller was notified of an issue right away. Plus if you pay full price on an animal expecting to breed it and find out right away that you can't, I would expect a refund or at least a partial refund. Since it's their policy though I guess I understand. I am wishing you luck with this one. Hopefully he will get better.

Thanks

I'd make sure you make others aware of this issue. Publicize it. A store of any kind shouldn't react with no sympathy or self respect for their pet store image. Terrible way to run a business.
    Brandon Terry <<crested gecko 0.0.2>>

Thanks

My gut feeling tells me the majority on the BOI will say that the sellers terms are what they are and that's pretty much the final say as 357MAGNOLE already said. I would go away from this as a learning experience and not buy from there again though for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Girl View Post
    My gut feeling tells me the majority on the BOI will say that the sellers terms are what they are and that's pretty much the final say as 357MAGNOLE already said. I would go away from this as a learning experience and not buy from there again though for sure.
    Thats what I am taking it as. Wong go there any more for reptiles. I would say they are pretty good for snakes, keep them in good cages, fed often. Taken care of, but the geckos cages are not as impressive. Another place down the road has rack setups and decent prices. They have some pretty good deals too, but the geckos are in the rack systems which im not a fan of. Looks like ill be heading there in the future.