Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLease read this Anole!

Thanks

Default PLease read this Anole!

so I have a painting up on craigslist for sale or trade and here is an email I got and replied to. I am Dumbfounded to say the least. I just hope someone agrees with me that imo people like this make me sick. I hope I don't move this because I didn't know where to post if it does need moved I will. Has anyone ever ran into someone like this. people are so nuts. all because I have something he wants just wow. this poor anole.

To: "rpqtf-3589582081@sale.craigslist.org" <rpqtf-3589582081@sale.craigslist.org>
    Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:01 PM
    Subject: large painting on canvas - $75 (Trenton, ohio)

I have a carolina anole. very beautiful lizard, i would be willing to trade for this painting. it is really well done, did you paint it yourself?
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/art/3589582081.html

To: James Stratfield <jamesstratfield@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:13 PM
    Subject: Re: large painting on canvas - $75 (Trenton, ohio)

It was painted by my step grandmothers sister she was a wonderful artist. what all comes with the anole?

To: Michael Williams <mtwilliams2448@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:15 PM

an empty fish tank with some moss and and a log. plus whatever food i have left.
    On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Michael Williams <mtwilliams2448@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Its not really what im looking for i'm into things like crested geckos things a little more exotic I have been in the hobby of herping for a little over 7 years now. anoles are pretty common and really cheap to come buy I also love things I can have out and handle I had a pair of anoles from Georgia a few years back and they were super flighty there more to look at. Thank you for the offer

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:26 PM

Look man, this thing is pretty young and it's a very beautiful lizard, you're right. But I can no longer take care of it and unfortunately I'm going to have to snap its neck if you don't take it. It's really going to hard for me to kill it.

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:32 PM

see and this is the sad part I take in unwanted reptiles I have saved most of what is in my collection. Its really sad you would threaten that to make a deal. I will take it and make sure it goes to someone who can take care of it if you would like but if thats the case im not trading anything for it. I had a couple who had a tokay they could'nt take care of and they met with me gave him to me shoved him and said he was mean and drove off this was 3 weeks ago I have this tokay gecko tame I can get him out and handle him he doesn't snap doesnt fire up he is easier to handle than any leopard gecko I have ever had so If you cant take care of it I will take him off your hands and make sure he goes where he is wanted. I'm also not an animal flipper I honestly wish I could start a real reptile rescue but the government doesnt seem to fond of things like that because it would take a lot of funding due to setups heat sources. I wont be making anything on him. I would just be doing what is right for him.

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:44 PM

How do I know I can trust you?

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:05 PM

thats the tricky thing about cl you never know who you will meet of come across some of us are actuly trying to do something good and to be honest with that lizard they are relatively cheap to come by. If someone wanted to make money on lizards by flipping them they would be having to get designer lizards morphs things that cost 150 bucks and up and turn them over for cheap to make a few bucks. Not many people are looking for anoles. I just don't like to see bad things happen to reptiles. Most people get them because they look cool or oh that will be neat to have when in reality most people don't know the first thing about them or how they work like the tokay I mentioned they rely on trust they are very intelligent creatures. Once you show them they wont be restrained or harmed. Over a course of weeks mine learned to trust me but the second I do something to loose that trust he will probably bite me. What I'm getting at here is a quick google search doesnt make someone an expert on the lizard the closet thing I could give you for me not being a flipper is i am a member on pangea fourms this doent have all my lizards that I have on it just a few but there are forum post and what not. It is a community of people who do what I do they are passionate about reptiles. its up to you. If you dont think you can take care of it i will take him and if not find a pet store localy and give it to them they will take it but they sell them too because it pays for the expenses of feeding and housing them.

Well, frankly, I think you're full of crap. Due to your little knowledge of any reptile I had to release it into the wild. I heard anoles really enjoy the snow. That's why they're called cold blooded right? I can see him right now, he's just sitting there enjoying it, not even moving. He looks like he's happy.

Sincerely,
    James
    0.1 Flying Gecko
    2.2 Tokay Gecko
    1.1 Bearded Dragon
    2.0.1Crested Gecko
    1.0 Ball Python

Thanks

Wow thats sad.. I wonder if the poor thing is on CL? I live about 30 mins or so from middletown, oh(close to dayton).. Id gladly take the little anole in .. This is very sad.. People make me sick! And good for you taking in the tokay!!

Thanks

Thank you I have no clue where he is at I'm in Trenton. you could try to contact him but just I don't know what to say. I want to say something back but he obviously isnt a reasonable person. hey do know if there are any herp societies closer to where I am I would love to go to meetings and stuff at the one in dayton but its too much gas once a week for me to make it hey by chance are you going to the cin city reptile show on the 10th by chance?
    0.1 Flying Gecko
    2.2 Tokay Gecko
    1.1 Bearded Dragon
    2.0.1Crested Gecko
    1.0 Ball Python

Thanks

I dont know of any herp societies.. Though if you fine one, id love to know! Ive been wanting to go to the cin city show(possibly when income taxes come in haha). I probably wont be able to make it on the 10th though.

Thanks

lol well there is one in Dayton here is the address oops lol its in Cincinnati http://www.cincyherps.com/. I'm going since my birthday is tomorrow it will be a little treat for me and my little ones need more adult dubias for breeding so they can have more food :P. Also thanks on the tokay he was a handful at first but he is super sweet now I think he is my favorite inbetween him and out beardie. i would love to get a crestie at tax time I just might have too.
    0.1 Flying Gecko
    2.2 Tokay Gecko
    1.1 Bearded Dragon
    2.0.1Crested Gecko
    1.0 Ball Python

Thanks

That's incredibly twisted, but my instincts tell me that he's the one who's full of crap. It's easy to talk tough, especially when it gets a rise out of people, and especially when you're hidden behind a computer screen. I would try not to let it bother you, as I highly doubt he would do any such thing (that's assuming he even has an anole to begin with).

Thanks

I honestly think he's just a troll.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Who the hell talks highly of a lizard then says they are going to kill it....why not just give it away? Plus why is he talking about trust if he doesn't seem to care the least bit about the lizard considering he apparently wants to murder the poor thing! WTF

Thanks

I have to assume he's trolling. Lots of trolls on CL unfortunately.
    Stickyfoot Dragons on Facebook

“You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”
    -Paul McCartney

Thanks

You could always just alert the police because that's pretty messed up. Even if he is trolling!
    <3 Rachel (Kiwi Geckos)
    My iherp
    Bunches of critters.