Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Fans?

Thanks

Default Doctor Who Fans?

I had never heard of this show until the spring of 2012. My good friend, and college room mate, is a huge fan of the show. He would often watch the show on Netflix out in the main living area of our apartment. I would be studying with my door shut, and come out to get a snack or drink every once in a while. So, I would only catch a few minutes at a time. If you know anything about the show, you'll know that this left me unbelievably confused. The few minutes I caught, convinced me to catch the next episode in its entirety. That first episode was "The Beast Below", the second episode of series 5 and the second full episode with the 11th doctor.

At that time, I had no idea how popular of a show this was, that my doctor (11th) had only begun his tenure, that Amy was brand new, or much of anything else. This first episode got me hooked. I went back and watched the previous episode, and have watched every episode since. I've also gone back and watched every episode of the tenth doctor. I've missed a few of the Christmas specials though, since they don't have many on Netflix. I just started the first episode of the ninth doctor last night. I have been having a very hard time deciding whether I like Matt Smith or David Tenant better as the doctor. I guess Matt Smith is my doctor though, since he's who I started off with. I'm having some trouble getting into Christopher Eccleston. I am looking forward to more episodes with Captain Jack Harkness though.

It's really weird watching the series in a sort of reverse order, but I'm thinking of it as getting the back story to what's going on in the current series.

It was hard waiting for the 2012 Christmas special, which was awesome, and the wait until series 7 starts back up is even harder!

So, are there any other Whovians out there? I've become a huge fan, and only wish I'd heard of it sooner. Which companion is everyone's favorite? Which doctor? Which episode?
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos
    0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
    0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Thanks

I've watched Dr. Who since I was a kid, I picked it up with the fourth doctor so I've always had a fondness for Tom Baker. I was only recently able to watch all of the eleventh doctor in order, which was a real treat and I'm all caught up with him. I haven't seen any of the ninth or tenth however. Hoping to soon, as I have heard good things. Doctors I have seen are: 1, 3, 4, 6, and 11.

I am not a hardcore Whovian I don't think since there's a lot I haven't seen obviously and don't know/remember, but I've always enjoyed the show. Like I said though, Tom Baker. Really fond of Matt Smith, but I started with Tom Baker.

Thanks

I'm also a big fan, mainly thanks to my husband, who had been a fan since he was a little kid. (He even slept in a Tardis bed that folded out of the wall! Wacky, eh?) I started watching when the new show just started, so the Ninth Doctor is "my" doctor... sad that he only stuck around for one season. I LOVE David Tennant's Doctor, but I am much more inclined to like Stephen Moffat's writing. I love the ideas he has and the ability to make anything scary. We've been watching some of the old episodes too... he wants to educate me on it. Hehe

Thanks

Omg I'm a huge fan... we own every episode on dvds lol i would HIGHLY recommend going back and watching Christopher Eccleston on so season one of the newer season's ( doctors 9,10,11) but I warn you... you will get sucked in lol ... there's so much back story watching the new stuff you'll miss a lot :-D
    4.4.5 Cresteds
    0.1.0 HuskyX Allie
    1.0.0 Thoroughbred Bailey
    0.1.0 Blizzard Corn Snake Eclipse

My iherp page

Thanks

It's really weird to see Mickey as such a little wimp in series 9. He got more confident throughout the 10th doctor's time, and was actually pretty cool near the end. But when we first see him, wow.

So what are everyone's ideas about what's going on with Clara Oswin Oswald? I think she'll make a great companion. What did you think about Amy and Rory leaving?
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Thanks

I love Rory.... so naturally I'm sad he's gone. Curious if they're going to kill the new companion every episode...

Thanks

I actually feel really bad for Rory's dad. Rory and Amy were just zapped back in time, and he never saw or heard from them again. I'm still a bit confused on whether Amy and Rory just lived happily back in time, or if they were stuck in that awful hotel/angel food factory. I hope it was the former.
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Just found this thread. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Who. My crested's name is Timey Wimey While I like Matt Smith, Tennant was my first Doctor, so naturally I love him to bits and pieces lol. I actually have two original lobby posters from when Dr. Who and the Daleks came out that I'm super proud to own. What did everyone think of the christmas special this year? I thought it was very good, maybe not as touching as A Christmas Carol was but it had some great quotes in it! My favorite was 'Hello, I'm a lizard-woman from the dawn of time and this is my wife.' I couldn't stop laughing.
    0.0.1 - Abel Gideon - Northern BTS
    1.0 - Timey Wimey - Crested Gecko
    1.0 - Sammy - Chahoua

Oliver has found a new forever home

Thanks

I think it was hilarious to see a Sontaron acting so goofy. I also felt pretty bad for him though. He may be way more kind due to the mistakes made in his resurrection (or whatever happened to him), but I think he would hate it if he knew how much he had really changed. It seems very much against what the Sontaran's believe. I was cracking up when the doctor was making all of the potato dwarf jokes though.

I was thinking that the reason the doctor is so depressed is that not only have Amy and Rory been gone for a long time, but maybe so has River. As far as I can tell, it's been a long time since Amy and Rory left. Maybe River has already been trapped in the Library? That would better explain why he is so hurt. However, it could open up the possibility of the doctor somehow making an awesome rescue of River from the Library.
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Thanks

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I started watching in February 2012 and was caught up with the 'reboot' before the end of March. Then I realized the next season was NOT starting in April, and had to wait...so I started watching the classics. Tom Baker is MY Doctor, without a doubt. Sarah Jane was my favorite companion

I'm still working my way through the classics. I'm waiting for my Destiny of the Daleks disc to arrive.
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko - The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe
    0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth
    1.0.0 Smooth Collie - UCh URO1 Moxie's Adamantium Man BN RA CA HIC CGC TT, SD
    1.0.0 Boxer - URO1 Gavroche de la Rue RA CA CGC

The Eclectic Collie