Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes another snake lol!

Thanks

I kept one of these for a while when I was a kid (wild caught). I don't remember too much about it other than the bright green coloration. Back then I'd usually turn my wild caughts loose back in the place where I had found them after a month or so of enjoying them.

The green snakes are kind of intriguing because they are primarily insectivorous. Some people really have a problem with feeding rodents, etc... and would probably find it much easier to feed crickets or other insects. What are you feeding it? I've heard they can be difficult to get started (wild caught), but that if you get them acclimated they are pretty voracious eaters.

Gary

Thanks

Oooh, pretty lil green snake! Love it!!!
    Mary

Thanks

Gary,
    I would have loved to have played with this species of snake as a kid..

Yes indeed they love their insects! But at the moment I'm feeding him/her crickets, earthworms plus the occasional wax-worm. Yes and my ribbon snake or (garter snake) is getting feeder fish. So perhaps the rough green snake will take one of the fish but I debate on him eating the fish? Though I've been observing his behavior and he definitely looks intrigued by the fish.... I find it very interesting watching this species of snake and very fascinating at the same time!

Mary,
    Thank you! Yes I agree It gets me every time I see him/her!
    Mikhail kujawa

Thanks

Yes the snake the you mentioned that makes you go lights out is a "Mamba" I belive.
    John Barkowski
    1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
    Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.