Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is going to ban leachies and chewies

Thanks

So if this bill passes, does that mean anyone who currently owns a chewie or leachie is supposed to surrender it? On what grounds, simply because it's not on the approved list, even though it poses no more of a threat than anything else on the list? I'm glad you've contacted the news and there's a petitition going. That's ridiculous. I'd move as well.

Although considering they can't even label some of their reptiles correctly, I doubt they could positively identify a chewie or leachie if they even saw one.

Thanks

If the bill passes you have 90 days to register it. You can still keep it, you just can't get more (I assume that includes breeding).

I firmly believe it is because they aren't super common, they didn't make the list. Which is infuriating, because I wanted to get myself a pair of chewies as a graduation gift to me.
    3.3.? Cresteds- Luther, Murdoch, Io, Lozen, Bessie, Bennett & babies

2.0.0 Cats- Batman, Mu

iHerp profile

Thanks

No kidding! Or Alberta? :P

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Thanks

You're always welcome here in Ontario. Hopefully its not a taste of things to come and doesn't become more widespread...
    Brandon Terry <<crested gecko 0.0.2>>

Thanks

thank god its not BC, i would move if i were you if this passes! brutal and stupid like c'mon
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Thanks

I want to move back to BC. We can't have cute pig nosed little Hognose Snakes here.

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTyne View Post
    I want to move back to BC. We can't have cute pig nosed little Hognose Snakes here.
    Their seems to be alot more chewies leachies and cresties on the market in BC right now!
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Thanks

Really? The only Chewies and Leachies I see around here are from big time breeders. :|

Thanks

Seems silly to have an approved list instead of a banned list, that would make a lot more sense.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

It's going to council tomorrow. I can't attend (big school assignment) but I know several people are, plus I've written to councillors.
    Kind of scary.
    3.3.? Cresteds- Luther, Murdoch, Io, Lozen, Bessie, Bennett & babies

2.0.0 Cats- Batman, Mu

iHerp profile