Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purple Trex, Here is a quick Thread on my bin build I said I would put up

Thanks

I actually picked another one of these up today... $11 and some change after tax. Cant beat that for a future cage. Seriously cant beat it. Its also clear.... Not as good as glass but its about as close as you can get with plastic.

Thanks

That's awesome! I really like your bins too. A big thing for me were the latches. Yours seem a little taller than mine. I need to make a trip to walmart and check out the bins on sale everyone is talking about.

Thanks so much for the photos! I'm hoping I'll be done with my bins by the end of next week. I wasn't planning on doing a natural setup right now, but i'll have to keep this in mind for the future. I've never seen someone do a semi-natural setup in a bin.
    The Gecko Garden on Facebook - IHerp http://iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.asp...f-3b7f36b4d856

Thanks

This is a great idea! I might like this more than my expensive extoterra!
    ~JEN~
    0.0.1 Rachodactylus Auriculatus "Gilligan"
    1.0.0 Very Spoiled Guinea Pig

Thanks

I love the zip tie idea for attaching the wood up high! I'm thinking about doing a big breeding tub for my chewies rather than an expensive new exo terra, but i didn't want to silicone wood to a tub. Thanks for the thread, this will work perfectly!
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckey273 View Post
    I love the zip tie idea for attaching the wood up high! I'm thinking about doing a big breeding tub for my chewies rather than an expensive new exo terra, but i didn't want to silicone wood to a tub. Thanks for the thread, this will work perfectly!
    I built another tub cage just like this one and added in more wood. What I did on it was a combination of the zip ties and then I used a couple wood screws with washers from the outside of the bin, drilled into the flat portion of the wood. None of the screw is visible or protruding from the wood so the Geckos cant get hurt by it, and it is ultra sturdy. You need to use a half inch washer at least though to help distribute the weight of the screw.