Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Obesity - a new trend??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebat View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the words "stupid" or "worthless" being used. I find the discussion invigorating. I think we should be careful of misquoting people.
    Nope, you didn't use those phrases. I was trying to get some direction out of you, to find out if you really did think this was a silly discussion, because all I was getting out of you was "we don't know enough" and my feeling is we know more than enough.

If people who own 30-100 of this species for years on end don't know the difference between a thin gecko, a healthy gecko, and a fat gecko... then we have more of a problem than I thought...
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

I'm going to chime in for a quick second and just say that from the perspective of a reader going through this entire thread, it's a bit sad and disappointing reading some of the posts as the tone in places turns very condescending and sarcastic. Maybe I'm just reading them that way, (I understand when you're having an online discussion it can be difficult to tell the tone of something written....) but all the same...I've always felt that constructive criticism and discussion is the way to go...
    previously known as hermansmama

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StickyFeetReptiles For This Useful Post:

meg90 (12-13-2012),obsidianembrace (12-23-2012),Panther (12-13-2012),Vienna (12-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hermansmama View Post
    I'm going to chime in for a quick second and just say that from the perspective of a reader going through this entire thread, it's a bit sad and disappointing reading some of the posts as the tone in places turns very condescending and sarcastic. Maybe I'm just reading them that way, (I understand when you're having an online discussion it can be difficult to tell the tone of something written....) but all the same...I've always felt that constructive criticism and discussion is the way to go...
    Nope, you are right. Its part of the process sometimes, when words aren't getting the point across and you keep going around in circles. I'm hoping we've got it all wrapped up now... and we had some excellent additions to the conversation as well.
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Misskiwi67 View Post
    Nope, you didn't use those phrases. I was trying to get some direction out of you, to find out if you really did think this was a silly discussion, because all I was getting out of you was "we don't know enough" and my feeling is we know more than enough.

If people who own 30-100 of this species for years on end don't know the difference between a thin gecko, a healthy gecko, and a fat gecko... then we have more of a problem than I thought...
    No, I didn't say those those things, and neither did anyone else. I think you're getting confused as I haven't been part of this discussion for some time. You were responding to someone else in a really inappropriate and condescending way. It's not a good way to get your point across. There's nothing wrong with having a debate while being respectful and non-confrontational.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/svalnahel?feature=mhee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Misskiwi67 View Post
    Nope, you are right. Its part of the process sometimes,
    Er... it really shouldn't be. I find discussions here become pretty pointless once the hyperbole is brought out.

If people have had their say, and now all we have to talk about is the tone taken through the discussion, I'm going to close the thread. Please give the topic at least a week's rest before bringing it back up if more needs to be said so things can cool off.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaybee For This Useful Post:

blue (12-28-2012),GoodLuckGeckos (01-11-2014),JumpinJewels (01-19-2013),leaveittoweaver (12-12-2012),LeeBG15 (12-13-2012),Panther (12-13-2012),Vienna (12-13-2012)