Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leopard Gecko Stomach... Could this be a burn?! D: (Pic Heavy)

Thanks

After looking at the updated spots and updated weight (congrats ) I would assume that it is a superficial injury like a burn or even a bruise, maybe? Considering the red seems to continue onto her thigh I would not think its intestinal. Plus those high fiber super worms probably caused the slow down bloat lol. If your worried about the cost of mealies they're easily breed in a plastic shoe box that cost 97 cents with a mixture of oat meal, bran, gutload, and a water source like a slice of potatoes. There's different mixtures you can use to grow the mealies and cost saving is great, and if excess is a worry you can always sell them or I think you can freeze them? Not sure I know you can refridgerate them, but I want to say they are freezable as well, anyone feel free to correct me. My leopards are pigs and I never have excess.lol.
    1.4.0 Leopard Geckos; 6.4.1.4 Crested Geckos; 0.1.0.1 Mourning Geckos; 0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn Snakes;
    0.1 Hedgehog; 0.2 Mice; 1.4 Felines; 1.1 Canines

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kc--leigh For This Useful Post:

leaveittoweaver (11-27-2012),picklemagic (11-27-2012)

Thanks

Yeah, I'm starting to go with robin and think that with the evil concoction of water + UTH + repti-carpet + sleep, she must have got a burn. Poor girl. The vicious redness seems to be steadily going away, so I'll look forward to her next shed.

I'm definitely not worried about the cost of meal worms, I actually keep 40-50 on hand at one time, because she's the only gecko I have that eats them. Decided to feed her supers, well, because I bought some 'meal worms' at an expo that turned out to be all super worms instead. She takes them down just fine, so when these are gone/die off in the container, it's back to meal worms for her. I know you can refrigerate them to cause them to hibernate and stop the growing/dying process, but I'm not sure about freezing.. I would think that would just kill them. With only one leopard gecko though, thankfully that's not much of a concern for me

Left the probe where it is, and turned off the heat lamp. It's reading 93.5F right now, so I think we're good. She is laying directly on it, so I believe she's getting the warmth she needs.

Thanks for your help! I gained a lot from this thread!
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

Also another good source is silk worms and Phoenix worms however I do not know how they do as a staple. They are harder to breed and some geckos don't like them. Glad your baby is doing better

Thanks

I would personally stick with superworms over mealies. Mealies actually have a larger amount of chitin (aka harder outer shell.) Higher levels of chitin can be harder to digest, and can actually lead to impaction. Supers have a much softer "shell" and quite a bit more meat to them, which is why many people see quite a bit of weight gain after switching to supers.

Just my 2 cents!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess0o13 For This Useful Post:

picklemagic (11-29-2012)

Thanks

Cool *FINAL UPDATE!*

First - thanks to everyone who responded. I love how much you care for the overall health of my gecko (Oh, and thanks from Digit, too!)

Bloating: Gone!
    Name:  digit full.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  87.8 KB

Weight: Perfect zone.
    Name:  digit scale.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  89.2 KB

Stomach Spots: Completely gone! She shed last night, and left those icky burns behind.
    Name:  digit stomach update.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  79.7 KB

And here's my pretty girl, happy and healthy!
    Name:  digit face.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  78.1 KB

0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

She looks awesome!

Thanks

Yay! She looks great
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Yay
    1.4.0 Leopard Geckos; 6.4.1.4 Crested Geckos; 0.1.0.1 Mourning Geckos; 0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn Snakes;
    0.1 Hedgehog; 0.2 Mice; 1.4 Felines; 1.1 Canines