Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leopard Gecko Stomach... Could this be a burn?! D: (Pic Heavy)

Thanks

Exclamation Leopard Gecko Stomach... Could this be a burn?! D: (Pic Heavy)

Hi! I've got a really healthy (well, up until today) female High Yellow Leopard Gecko. She weighed in last week at 61.1 grams, and is an active gecko with tons of personality.

Today, I was cleaning her cage and she crawled right up onto my hand, like the sweetheart she is. As she was crawling around, I noticed that she was bloated. I fed her last night, and I'm not sure if she's stooled yet.. however, this is unlike any temporary weight gain I've seen from her. She looks like her sides will explode! Upon noticing the bloat, I weighed her again and she was at 65.2 grams. She's up 4 grams in 4 days. This is the heaviest she's ever been, and is a little worrisome to me.

In addition to this, she has red blotches that go from mid tummy to the base of her tail. I quickly felt around for any charred skin, but found nothing. It looks like a rash, but doesn't feel like one. In fact, it feels likes it's on the inside, and looks like it's on the outside. What gives?

Stomach shots:
    Name:  digitstomach.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  86.3 KB
    Name:  digitstomach2.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  77.9 KB
    Name:  digitstomach3.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  75.2 KB
    Name:  digitstomachsideview.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  82.6 KB

Noticeable bloating:
    Name:  digitisbloated.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  91.7 KB
    Name:  digitisbloated2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  85.3 KB

So.. what gives? I could be overreacting here, so please feel free to calm me down!

More info that is probably helpful:
    I feed her mainly super worms, and she gets crickets once per week. The last worm feeding was last night, she took down 7 like a ravenous warthog. The last cricket feeding was Tuesday.
    Her substrate is repti-carpet. She had sand with no issues for about a month, but we got rid of that about a month ago.
    She has a UTH and a basking lamp. Temps never reach over 85F, and she's got slate tile that she's been using as a basking spot for about 4 months with no issues. Her temps did not reach over 82F in the last week, it's been cold here.
    She lives on her own in a 20L, and has never been with a male (to my knowledge). She's never had a roommate, except for babies at the pet store.
    I got her in May 2012, so she's been under my care for the last 6 months and has had no prior health issues or any concerns.
    All of her sheds are perfect, she's got a moist hide and is done in under 20 minutes.

If I've forgotten anything, please ask! Thanks so much, in advance!
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

I hope everything gets better with her!
    1.1.1 Crested Geckos
    0.2 Dogs 1.1 Kittens

Facebook
    iHerp

Thanks

It also looks lie burns buti don't think it is. I doubt she Is ovulating. Hmm very interesting. Anything she could ave scratched her tummy on?

Thanks

Thanks a ton, she's my pride and joy! Such a lovely little lady.
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

I guess she could have scratched it on her tile.. but it really doesn't feel like anything. It's so weird! Her stomach feels 100% normal.
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

Your temps seem too low for her and she may not be able to digest her food that well. If she isn't able to digest her food she may be impacted from the Superworms you fed her last and that may be internal bleeding you're seeing. I would get her to the vet ASAP especially with the sudden weight gain and bloating that is involved as well.

Her hot side (floor temp, not the air temp) should be around 90F. It definitely would NOT be a burn at 82F, not even close.

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Thanks

When I did have her temps at 90, she wouldn't touch the hot side of her tank. I had to move her food dish, she wouldn't step foot in it, which I thought weird. She's been thriving in the low-mid 80's for about 6 months, but I will indeed contact a vet asap. Unfortunately the closest exotic is an hour away, so hopefully someone will have an appointment available!

Any other suggestions as to what it could be?
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko
    1.0.0 Tiger Stripe Cat
    iHerp Blog YouTube

Thanks

Double post sorry.

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Thanks

You shouldn't have her hot side that low, maybe up it to 87F. Even a couple degrees makes a big difference.
    As for what else it could be the only other thing I can think of is maybe she is producing infertile eggs and is egg bound.
    Also, could she have somehow gotten blood smeared on her belly? That's what it looks like to me.

Thanks

I hope the vet helps :-( http://herpvetconnection.com/iowa.shtml
    1.1.1 Crested Geckos
    0.2 Dogs 1.1 Kittens

Facebook
    iHerp