Thread: opinion please

Thanks

Exclamation opinion please

Ok as many of you may know my corn snake rocky recently passed away due to internal parisites, now i have a kenyan sand boa who is doing great eating and is very active. my question is im thinking about getting another snake dont worry i will do plenty of research, i was thinking of maybe looking into a ball python.. as to another corn snake, im kind of turned off to them after all i went threw with rocky, so what do you guys think should i look into a BP or stay the course with another corn snake if i do get another snake i am going to have them checked out by a vet before i find any problems to make sure they are healthy and im not going to get anything from that petstore that i got rocky from, so i would please like to hear what you guys have to say and if anyone has some personal knowledge they would like to share about BP's please do.

Thanks
    Nolan

Rhacodactylus Ciliatus(2.1.2)
    Uroplatus ebanaui(0.1.0)
    Eublepharis Macularis(0.1.0)
    Chrysemys picta picta(0.1.0)
    Eryx colubrinus(1.0.0)
    Rhacodactylus chahoua (0.0.1)
    Kinosternon leucostomum (0.0.1)
    Teratolepis fasciata (0.0.1)
    Fish(to many)
    Many furry beings

Thanks

i would go with the cornsnakes, mostly because many ball pythons are farmed, or wild caught so most likely there will be a parasite problem, they also can get Inclusion Body Disease, i beleive that is right, and can have problems feeding. also there are many places online to get corns at great prices. that will most likely be healthy. www.cornutopia.com , www.cornsnakes.net , ect... and not to mention connie hurley on this site. just because you had 1 bad experiance with a snake does not mean you must avoid them forever. but dont get me wrong ball pythons can be great snakes, i just tend to see more problems with them than corns. so either way you cant really go wrong. but being me i would go with a corn, unless it was a really nice ball python morph lol. though as you know some corns can get sick also.

****this is all my opinion, other than the facts that i presented to back up my opinion. lol****

corey

Thanks

I've had balls in the past, they are very nice snakes but like cornsnake posted, they can be difficult to feed. If you do get one then spend the extra $$ and get a captive bred baby that is already eating and comes with a 5 day health guarantee.
    I just recently gotten into corns and I love them. My baby is a fantastic eater, has awsome colors and is very calm. I bought him from a nasty pet store and got very lucky, the new one I'm getting is coming from a breeder.
    A fecal is a good idea regardless of where or who you get your snake from.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

Hey Nolan. Glad to hear about your sand boa. We have both BP and tons of corns. Our favs are the corns. I asked John, my husband (the snake guy in my house), for a referral in your area and he recommended Tim Spuckler. You can find him under the breeder section on Kingsnake.com. Look for third eye propagation. he sells out FAST but he has good stock. I don't know where in Ohio he is, but if he's close, shipping may be cheaper or not necessary. Corns are generally hardy little guys and great eaters. Good luck and post pics of what you buy.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

hey thank you for all the help guys.. ill defently check out tim thank you so much 4minters
    Nolan

Uroplatus ebanaui(0.1.0)
    Eryx colubrinus(1.0.0)
    Fish(to many)
    Many furry beings

Thanks

ok i checked and he is sold out, lol darn he is in cleveland other side of the state but ill keep an eye on his site to see when he gets more instock. thank you again
    Nolan

Uroplatus ebanaui(0.1.0)
    Eryx colubrinus(1.0.0)
    Fish(to many)
    Many furry beings

Thanks

jnjreptiles.com have a few babies left for very good prices, thats where I am getting my snow from (she'll be here today!)
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

I've got an amel corn that eats like a hog. I'd say corns as well, for ease of care, and general overall appeal for me. Nothing against balls, I just like corns better.

I took a sand boa once that was a kind of a rescue, some kid dumped it at petco and my boyfriend brought it home. Cute little snake, I really enjoyed it, but it didn't make it. Died of organ failure, because it had been basically starved and not given water in months. I really like them though, and if I ever get another snake that's what it will be!
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut