Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks

Don't let this discourage you. All of us have had bad experiences or lost animals. Most snakes eat with no problem, and you happened to get one that wasn't healthy. That 40 gallon tank is going to sit empty and give you a case of ETS (empty tank syndrome). You will wan't to fill it sooner or later. Yes, I'm speaking from personal experience.

Thanks

lol ETS is there any cure for it yet, thanks for all the nice comments guys.
    Nolan

Rhacodactylus Ciliatus(2.1.2)
    Uroplatus ebanaui(0.1.0)
    Eublepharis Macularis(0.1.0)
    Chrysemys picta picta(0.1.0)
    Eryx colubrinus(1.0.0)
    Rhacodactylus chahoua (0.0.1)
    Kinosternon leucostomum (0.0.1)
    Teratolepis fasciata (0.0.1)
    Fish(to many)
    Many furry beings

Thanks

Hey if you would like another (healthy) corn let me know...
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our first snake is a cornsnake too and we're dealing with a regurge issue. I hope she bounces back from it.

I also echo what was stated above. Don't let this discourage you. My first ever crested died 4 months after I purchased him. He developed an abscess and was gone before I knew it. I almost didn't get any more but I'm so glad I did.
    ~Kimmy
    3.3 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Creamsicle Corn Snake, 1.1 Felines, 1.0 Shep/Basenji mix

Thanks

Kimmy

Have you had your corn seen by a vet yet? I am assuming that this is a young corn and you have already checked that the enclosure is warm enough. Juvies can get into a cycle of regurge that they have a very hard time getting out of. I would have a fecal done asap and make double sure that temps are warm enough. Most all snakes will regurge if they are too cold. Also limit stress until this has resolved. Make sure the snake has plenty of hide spots, the little ones like paper towel tubes. You probably know all this, just making sure. We have a creamsicle corn, he is the daddy to the babies we hatched this year. It is a very pretty morph. Good luck to you.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

She regurged a meal on the 18th that was too large. Temps are fine. 88 warm side, 70 cool side.

This wasn't her first meal. She had three successful meals and poops and a successful shed before this regurge incident. I gave her two small pinkies and it was too much.

We left her alone since then and she was out and about this morning. We're going to try and give her half a pinkie tonight.
    ~Kimmy
    3.3 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Creamsicle Corn Snake, 1.1 Felines, 1.0 Shep/Basenji mix

Thanks

Default You are doing great

Sounds great. I tend to jump to the worst conclusion first. Those half pinkies are nasty! We had to force feed a baby one to try to get him feeding. I thought I was going to "regurge" before he did LOL. I'm sure this feeding will go smoothly!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes