Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake

Thanks

Default Snake

i buying my first snake in a an hour or less but i want some opinions and help..
    i wanted to get a baby snake that i know this local reptile store has plenty and i dont know much about the different kinds of snakes

wheat im asking for is a baby snake thats not going to get very big.. but i dont want one thats to small to eat mice... any suggestions before i leave ??

Thanks

cornsnake. They can live in a 20 gallon long as adults and easily take adult mice when grown. Mine is awsome.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

i left before i could read your comment and i got a ball python...
    hes prolly about 12 inches maby more but i havent checked yet..

i got him home and the sec i got him home i left him on my reclineing chair with the bag open and he snuck in the chair 2 min after i left him there when i was cleaning out a 10 gal tank i have for him... so i spent 1 hour cutting away at my favorite chair for a 69.99 ball python i got and i finally found him so hes safe and i'll get pics in a couple days whens hes calm down and ready...

i have a heat glow 75 wat inferred light that im planning on keeping on 24/h and a under tank heat with maby 1inch of bedding

till next thursday when i feed him and start handling him

am i doing this correctly?

any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zcalvy View Post
    i buying my first snake in a an hour or less but i want some opinions and help..
    It would have been responsible and wise to RESEARCH prior to purchasing. Since you purchased on a whim, I'd say go online and research ball python caresheets...something you should have done prior to bringing him/her home.
    ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
    1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
    1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada Hollow View Post
    It would have been responsible and wise to RESEARCH prior to purchasing. Since you purchased on a whim, I'd say go online and research ball python caresheets...something you should have done prior to bringing him/her home.
    i agree 100%
    also i dont know if you were told this or not, but ball pythons are notorious for going off feed for months, for being very picky eaters, and just eventually pissing people off because they wont eat at times. i would have gotten a cornsnake they normally do not have the same feeding problems, and are not wild caught, or farmed. i do not have anything against ball pythons however, for a beginner to snakes, the frustrations that can happen, are IMHO not worth it.

corey

Thanks

i have

Thanks

is it really necessary to leave him the tank by himself and not pick him up for the first week?

Thanks

I would say for the first 3 days, leave him alone.

Thanks

I'd give him more substrate and double check your temps. A light and heat mat may cook him. Make sure he has the proper humidity, I always had a tub with damp moss for my balls.
    I really like balls but both I had were problem eaters. As much as I like pythons, I will stick to corns for now on.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

i have about little less than 1 inch of substrate and a inferred heat light thats on 24h but the temp is 80 during the day and 85 at night

the problem is he stays inside the cave rock i have for him an hasnt gotton out since i got him