Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many crested geckos can I have in a 12x12x18 Exo terra cage?

Thanks

Anoles are cool but not good handling and are fast. I used to have a community tank of anoles and a frog which worked out great but I couldn't hold them. Its all about what you like, such as you can't handle dart frogs. You can hold mourning geckos but they can be finicky. Im not sure if you want a reptile you can handle or not but the small frogs aren't good handling while something like a red eyed tree frog or waxy frog can be handled. Most small geckos aren't good to hold either. The best handling reptile for a 12x12x18 would be a crested gecko.

Thanks

Hey guys,

i have a question to all of you. How is the combination between raptiles and real plants, since i am looking for a paludarium with a green anole. I searched up the female green anole's and they can be great for keeping in a 12,12,18 exo terra tank. Exo terra itself even recommends this raptile species for a 12,12,18"tank. My main question is now, is it good to have real plants with raptiles and specialy anoles? Cause i realy don't want fake plants thats just awfull. Thanks for reading.

Thanks

i personally have a 18x18x24 exo terra with 2 crested and am going to introduce 3rd but would definitely not put more then 3. i wouldn't really recommend more then 1 in the 12x12x18.

remember that height is very important to them but without some extra width, they have no personal space.
    0.2.1 Crested Geckos (Rhacodactylus/ Correlophus ciliatus)
    1.0.1 Leopard Gecko (Eublepharis macularius)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps)
    1.0.0 Beagle (Canis lupus familiaris)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    I always say just try before people tell you not to do. sometimes its better to try yourself first if it doesnt work then u go back to the store and you tell them it just didnt work. If you don't try you never know!
    This is terrible advice.
    Don't risk the health of your gecko that YOU have responsibility for simply because you don't have room for another tank, or you think it'd be cute to house two together.
    There's a reason people tell you not to do certain things. People learn from their mistakes and share their experiences so others will not repeat it. There is a thread somewhere here where someone housed their geckos for about a year and thought all was well until one cage mate became infuriated with the other and literally broke and tore a limb off it.
    DO NOT JEOPARDIZE YOUR GECKOS FOR CONVENIENCE.
    Kendyl

3.5.20 New Caledonian Geckos
    0.0.1 Boas | 1.1.0 Pythons | 0.0.2 Tarantulas

Brookshire Exotics | iHerp | Facebook | Fauna BOI |

Thanks

Hey guys,

i have a question to all of you. How is the combination between raptiles and real plants, since i am looking for a paludarium with a green anole. I searched up the female green anole's and they can be great for keeping in a 12,12,18 exo terra tank. Exo terra itself even recommends this raptile species for a 12,12,18"tank. My main question is now, is it good to have real plants with raptiles and specialy anoles? Cause i realy don't want fake plants thats just awfull. Thanks for reading.
    Live plants are great, you just need to choose plants that are safe for reptiles, would be able to support the reptile, and require the same habitat needs as that species. Just look at reptile plants for sale and choose them to your likings and the habitat needs.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Being in the UK, I bet you can get a hold of this book-- http://www.amazon.com/Green-Anoles-E...s+in+captivity . Give it a good read and then ask any questions you still have. You'll be surprised how much you can learn from those short little books.

Thanks

Reptiles as a rule are not social creatures. They do not NEED a friend and would rather not have one unless for procreation. Putting more then one crested into a 12x12x18 Exo is nothing short of cruel and asking for problems.
    Hope you find your hearts desire in a reptile.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR