Thread: Leucistic Texas Rat Snake

Thanks

Default Leucistic Texas Rat Snake

Hey,

Today at a local reptile show, I picked up a large Leucistic Texas Rat Snake (5ft). Hes awesome! No pictures yet I was just woundering if any one had a care sheet or dealt with them before?

Thanks

check out kingsnake.com they have good care sheets for lots of snakes. Look for one that is geared toward rat snakes in general. Nothing special about leucy's as far as care goes. They are my favorite rat snake. I was so mad my husband traded his pair away! Is yours pink eyed or blue eyed? The blues are my favorite. Have fun with your new addition.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

Thanks! I have a Blue eyed

Thanks

Those texas ratty's can be pretty fiesty! I live in texas and they're actually pretty common in wooded areas and near lakes, but only in their typical colors, nothing special like a blue eyed leucistic. My ex b/f caught and relocated several that we came across on the road while out driving around. Post pics, I wanna see, it sounds beautiful!
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks

Congrats blue eyes are my favorite!!
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

I have a blue eye myself, a nice 5 foot male. He is super friendly for a LTR!

These guys are very active and my guy is out almost all the time, exploring the cage and hunting! IMO much cooler than a Ball Python or something that just sits around 90% of the time.