Thread: Help me help a friend!

Thanks

Exclamation Help me help a friend!

Please?

Story is one of my coworkers has a Red Tail Boa her son doesn't want anymore, and i'm looking to help her out so the animal can find a happy home. I don't have the space for a snake of her size, plus i promised my mom no snakes and my boyfriend no large constrictors ><, otherwise i would take her. I haven't seen the snake myself, but my coworker told me it is a female, she is approximately 6 feet long and has a nice mellow personality. She takes full grown rabbits one a month or so easily. Her son inherited her, so i'm not sure what her history is.

I'm asking all of you though, what would be the easiest way of selling her to a good home? And what is a fair prices for an adult female?

THANK YOU!

P.S. PM me if you are interested!!! I can get you connected with them.
    2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko ( Mehndi )
    1.0 Tokay Gecko ( Ralphie )
    2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )
    0.4 Cats ( Koyo, Lupin, Hope, Flop-Tail )

Thanks

Please guys? I really want this animal to go to a safe home.
    2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
    2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )

Thanks

$150-125 is fair pricing for a large RTB, I think, unless she's a pretty morph. They're common snakes, and sadly, they often need to be rehomed. If you don't have luck finding a home through here, post in faunaclassifieds or kingsnake's classifieds, since there are more snake people there.
    3.8.0 C. ciliatus , 1.1 G. vittatus , 0.1 G. gekko , 2.0 F. pardalis ambilobe, 1.0 C. calyptratus, 0.1 P. grandis, 1.0 P. curtus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LCH For This Useful Post:

Boanyoo (09-15-2012)

Thanks

Alrighty cool, thank you so much! I will pass on the information ans see what she thinks.
    Thanks again LCH!
    2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )

Thanks

A 6 foot shouldn't be eating full grown rabbits O.O That's huge. My 8 foot female only takes 2 jumbo rats or one small rabbit. My 6 foot male eats 1 jumbo rat a week.

Fauna classifieds is a popular place people go as well. Just make sure you say that you want to sell local, or if you are willing to ship it'd probably be pretty expensive with how large the snake is, but some people will pay for it.

If I were looking for a new home for one of my boas I'd just make sure that whoever wants to buy it has previous experience with larger snakes. (having something like a sand boa or corn snake isn't the same, especially with how large the females can get, they are very strong) I'd also make sure they have a 6x1.5 or 6x2 foot cage since she's a female and may not be done growing since they can get 7-9 feet usually.