Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like the Toke? ...Tokay that is!

Thanks

Wink Do You Like the Toke? ...Tokay that is!

Clicky!

Thought I'd share some pics of my favorite gecko species! Anyone else have Tokays? I'm hoping to add more morphs (or 'wild type' color variations) to my little hobby in the next year or so. For now I have a pair of CB 100% het Powder Blue (compliments of Homegrown Scales!) who have a couple of eggs cooking at the moment, and a pair of imported normals that I bought from a girl on a classifieds site. She said they were "mean"

Thanks

I really want one that was hand raised, to help the process of hand taming it. I think they are BEAUTIFUL!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kate For This Useful Post:

Siphon (09-05-2012)

Thanks

Ooooh, you have some gorgeous toks! I've raised a handful of babies, and I have three adults I love to pieces!

Simi, hand raised CB female

Soteria, unusually dark WC female

Acheron, bright WC male
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ihkura For This Useful Post:

Sal (02-06-2013),Siphon (09-06-2012)

Thanks

I have a Tokay or two, or 25. I actually have two that are related to yours, though I can't properly determine what relation you would call it due to how the 100% het animals are produced at Homegrown. Mine are first generation out of the original, completely unrelated parents: Snow White the Leucistic and Snubs the Powder Blue. I have normal wild caught coloration, Blue Granites, a regular Granite, and a number of het babies. I have some updated pictures, but not of everyone so I'm overdue posting them.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kita For This Useful Post:

Siphon (09-06-2012)

Thanks

Thanks for the sharing pics, Ihkura!

Kita, I actually stumbled upon Homegrown back when I was first looking for a CB pair by first stumbling upon your site. When I saw that you didn't have any available I saw a link to Homegrown under your "collection" area. I didn't realize you were the owner of Spotted Scales until just now small world. Granite or Melanistic is probably my favorite color variations.
    Fallout Herpetology

Hognose, Carpets, Bloods, Balls, Geckos, and More...

Thanks

Well I thought I would be responding from home after looking at your pictures since fb is blocked at work, but my internet was barely working so it only loaded as far as the entire album. Your kids have nice big, bold spots! So strange that ones completely related will turn out so different. Yes, the link is next to the two I bought from Homegrown to show where they came from. I should have at least twice as many pairs breeding next year so I should have lots more available. My kids have had a slow year picking back up from last year's horrible drought that had no one interested in breeding.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider

Thanks

I can't wait to see what you produce, I may even purchase from you if you have a baby for sale that catches my eye. Yes, I am so very pleased with the pair that Morgan sent me. They've grown up so nicely, and Morgan is always a pleasure to talk to and do business with. Absolute top notch animals

I came extremely close to purchasing one of your knight anoles. I've always been fascinated by them, and yours were the first captive bred offspring I'd caught on sale in... well, a long time. I can't tell you the number of times I almost messaged you on Fauna for a shipping quote!
    Fallout Herpetology

Hognose, Carpets, Bloods, Balls, Geckos, and More...

Thanks

Well, unless Black Frost and my other Blue Granites surprise me, then the first morph I'll hatch will be Powder Blues. I'm on the look out for a wild caught PB male to pair with the daughters from my wild caught PB girl x double het boy since everything I hatched from them is 100% het. I'd like an additional boy to put with my double het female as well.

Salamandra is finished laying this season after the eighth egg, I have the last two still incubating, two babies are reserved (one staying with me!), so I have five unclaimed Knight Anoles for now, but the big Houston expo is at the end of the months and I'm taking at least the two oldest with me there. Those guys have turned out far more fun and interactive then I thought!

Thanks

I love them all!
    0.0.1 R. ciliatus
    1.0 R. auriculatus
    0.0.1 R. leachianus

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian(: For This Useful Post:

Siphon (09-08-2012)

Thanks

Beautiful Tokays!

My girlfriend has a pair of CBB normal adults, and the male has gorgeously intense red blotches. They're very devoted to each other, and they're incredibly intelligent animals. I fell in love with the species and I want to focus on producing more captive bred specimens in the future.

They're also fairly tame, and are more inclined to bark and run away than bite, unless they're guarding their eggs...which they actually are at the moment:

(Sorry about the glass, they won't let you clean it right now, obviously!)

These eggs are their first viable clutch (they smashed an infertile one laid earlier this year) and were laid 7/20. I'm over the moon excited since I have first pick.
    3.8.0 C. ciliatus , 1.1 G. vittatus , 0.1 G. gekko , 2.0 F. pardalis ambilobe, 1.0 C. calyptratus, 0.1 P. grandis, 1.0 P. curtus

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCH For This Useful Post:

Sal (02-06-2013),Siphon (09-20-2012)