Thread: Chameleon question?

Thanks

Post Chameleon question?

can you give a veiled cham greens? I thought they just ate insects.

Thanks

Veileds do eat greens, and papaya, strawberries, etc. each individual will take some fruits from time to time. It's not a staple diet but more like a more frequent snack. Remember to always give them a varied diet. Crickets, silk worms, horn worms, roaches, and sometimes super worms. Not too many super worms cause the have exo skeleton that can cause impaction.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Your welcome. If you have any other questions just email me.

Thanks

Spinach, kale and other dark leafy greens are the most important for their calcium ratios. Do not feed iceburg lettuce or green leaf lettuce as these are basically just sacks of water, and feed fruit only sparingly, maybe once a month at most, because excess sugars can cause irregularities in digestion in chameleons. If you can find it, Malabar Spinach grows just like pothos and makes a great vivarium plant that they can also eat.
    3.8.0 C. ciliatus , 1.1 G. vittatus , 0.1 G. gekko , 2.0 F. pardalis ambilobe, 1.0 C. calyptratus, 0.1 P. grandis, 1.0 P. curtus

Thanks

Spinach is usually not advised as it has high oxalate content. Kale is usually used minimally as it can cause iodine binding. Mustard greens and turnip greens are my usual go to greens.... However it is such a minimal part of their diet I doubt it would cause a major issue. Just make sure if you use any live plants with a veiled that they are non-toxic!
    C. ciliatus 3.6.36.24 D. leucomelas 0.0.4 Furcifir pardalis 1.0 living with 3.6 Bufo marinus 0.2 R. leachianus 0.1 Batrachomoeus trispinosus 0.0.1 (and 1.0 Pug)

www.AllStarGeckos.com
    www.ChameleonAddict.com
    Facebook Page

Thanks

Crested by slinky
    I have 2 panther chameleon's. I was told that this bread can not have greens just insects is this true? I also feed them dubia's and large warms and from time to time crickets. I was told that dubia's have more to offer them. Do you suggest anything else. I am hands on woth them I feed them by hand well one of them unless they are crickets he can be pig headed. I am also trying to build my own colony of dubia's but it seems to be taking longer than I thought. I would like to be able to spend $ o. Other things they may need.. any suggestions on how to make the colony get bigger a tad bit faster? Sorry for all the ?'s just could use the experienced help