Thread: There needs to be a subscription box for reptiles

Thanks

Default There needs to be a subscription box for reptiles

Like I totally support this and this needs to be a thing like immediately!!!!! or does anyone know of a reptile related subscription box? or if there is not one we need to like figure out a way to successfully make one!
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

It'd be really difficult as a lot of people would probably subscribe (though it'd be really expensive) as well as sending like tons of babies once a month
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

well I don't mean sending live reptiles lol but that could be a special box but more so like reptile related items, like cool samples of new things on the market, or like t-shirts and cute stuffed animals, keychains, stickers, idk. I've just been looking at a whole bunch of different subscription boxes lately and thought it would be cool! If I were even going to attempt to make one happen I would'nt know where or how to begin, I would defiantly need help. so It prolly wont happen, which is sad
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I want this to become a thing even if i have to do it myself lol, but it would be cool to find a like minded person for help

Thanks

You'd have to have a ton of money to stock stuff that people would want to buy.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

could start a go fund me/ cratejoy/ and other places , to build up rep etc. and get sponsors from like zoo med etc.? I have found one legit reptile sub box, herpbox

Thanks

I actually found one that seems pretty legit called herpbox if anyone is interested?

Thanks

Something like this would be cool to start despite there already being a herpbox. I checked out the herpbox and it seemed awesome but I felt it was really vague per type of animal you had. I would really like to have something personalized. I'm currently subscribed to an Ipsy Glam Bag and I like how their system works. It would take a lot of fundraising or loans, not to mention business and vendors licensing depending on the area you live in. Another cool suggestion product wise would be informational magazines and books. Prints and posters signed by reptile youtubers or known photographers would be an interesting add in too! I would be down to help out if it were more officially organized.

Thanks

yeah, I had a few ideas of being able to not make it 100 hundred percent personalized, but close like maybe listing out each months theme, like what reptile it is so they have an option to customized which months they want to pay for, just so they don't to many unnecessary items? and then maybe can have like branch off micro boxes, for like fun treats and food items? or even mini-reptile starter boxes that Have books and pamplets and all the basics needed for whichever reptile you choose? It would be hard to 100 percent personalize to each individuals needs unless you limited the amount of people allowed to subscribe to the box....I may start a little idea notebook, to organize thoughts

Thanks

I think at that point doing a subscription box would be difficult and maybe having preset starter kit surprise boxes would be better? I.e a crested gecko kit may have some sampler food from different brands, a night time spectating light, and a book or two on care, maybe a sampler of substrate? It would have to be a regular product rather than a monthly thing. I don't think a subscription box would work as well just because there aren't as many products coming out that are so well known unlike makeup, which also adheres to a larger group of consumers vs a smaller amount of people who would invest in starter kits for a crestie.