Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: phoenix worms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mischiefunit View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this... I fed phoenix worms a few times. And each time I did, my guys loved them. However, I would find poop the next day or so, and I could see the phoenix worms were not digested well. You could clearly see the entire worm in the poop... so my question is, despite them being very good for the animal, is the gecko even getting the nutrients it needs if it's just pooping it out in solid form? (ew...haha)

haha ill check the poop as soon as i get home. hopefully i dont have the same outcome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tanksalot View Post
    I had some worms pass through whole when I just started feeding them to my chahouas,my observation was that I was feeding them too many at one feeding and they did better if I fed them less but more often.

I can see for someone that only has 1 or 2 geckos that it can be expensive but for anyone that has a group of them the phoenix worms are very reasonably priced with the benefit of not smelling and noisy like crickets.I am considering on buying a used wine cooler to keep them around 50 degrees to keep them well over a month so I can buy in bulk to reduce the price per worm in half!

yeah i didnt find them to be that expensive. 150 for $6.50 my local pet shop carries them.