Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you do it?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

i know cresties can be kept and bred with very little space and no uv-light. my personal minimum for a pair would be like 16"x16"x30". id say if you aint got enough space dont keep so many of them, i know its hard not to buy a nice cresty though, but sometimes you need to be strong.
    i personally also keep all my rhacs with uv light. they "sun" themselves out in the open space very often, rather than hide in the shadows... so i dont think they are stressed by that, as long as they got hiding places if they wish to. the uv-light might not be necessary but it can help prevent some serious calcium-crashes.

have a nice day

Ingo
    4,14,x Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1,1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus Friedl Line
    1,1,1 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli Nuu Ana
    1,0 Rhacodactylus cf leachianus
    0,0,3 Rhacodactylus trachyrhynchus trachyrhynchus
    and some other herps ...

greetings from austria
    ingo
    www.napalm.at

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. I have the space to spare, just need to arrange it the right way. I was hoping there was some cool rack thing out there I didn't know about yet. I will just keep them on the shelves like I have been. The herp room gets a good bit of light and stays much warmer than the rest of the house so I should be in good shape. Thanks again!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

Hi 4minters,

here are some ideas perhaps:

1. goto http://www.lpracks.com/ then goto racks and then 70LH (i assume that stands for 70 liters high), unfortunately i think they are from denmark, but you can get an idea how you could make larger arboreal racks that are stackable.

2. ill post how i solved the problem for myself, but i am afraid you wont have enough space for that

i think you misunderstood me concerning the light, heat isnt very good for rhacs at all. my uv-lightning doenst get hot at all.

greetings

Ingo
    and some other herps ...

greetings from austria
    ingo
    www.napalm.at

Thanks

AAHH that was you with the awesome setup! I've been trying to tell my huband about those when I saw them in another thread but I couldn't remember where the post was. Those are incredble. I don't have that much space though, maybe in our next house. We plan to have a huge herp room when we move to accommodate my few cresties and hubby's millions of snakes. Well, maybe not millions, but when we pay the mouse bill it feels like millions. Did you design that yourself?
    I understood the UV lighting. I use it for my bearded dragon. I just meant the herp room doesn't have the dips in temp that the rest of the house is allowed to have. My living room gets frosty at night cuz that's how I like it. The herp room stays in the high 60's -mid 70's all the time.
    I think for now at least I will have to follow Adam's example and stack 'em high. John (my husband) is going to try to build some racks for the snakes soon. If that goes well, we may try to design something better like what you have ingo. Thanks for the pictures.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

I've seen that set up before. What kind of wood did you use? It's a brilliant design!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

Thanks everyone, you are very kind. Yes, its my "design". I used quite simple white coated pressed wood boards, sorry i dont know what its called in english. At our "home depots" they cut it the sizes you need it. i only calculated a little, screwed them together, made sure to seal everything with silicone, where water might get through the "white coat" to the wood. then i made the backside walls, also glued them inside with aquarium silicone. to be sure it lasts long i also covered the floor with pond foil.
    the light-box is separated with mesh and accessable from the front.
    on top of the enclosures for the adult animals you can see my custom made cages for the hatchlings. they all got their own uv-light, accessable from the top.

regards

Ingo
    and some other herps ...

greetings from austria
    ingo
    www.napalm.at

Thanks

That's awesome. I may try to build me that, but tweak it a bit (I'm short and wouldn't be able to reach the hatchlings...lol). Thanks!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club