Views: 27
Size:  91.8 KBName:  Picture 1031.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  93.3 KBName:  Picture 1040.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  93.1 KBName:  Picture 1064.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  82.4 KB

I have been too busy this Summer and finally took the time to take a bunch of pics of the chahouas that I am raising.I put them in a screen cage and gave them a nice rain shower with the sprayer outside as the weather was finally ideal.

These are my first 2 Red Troeger line siblings from Michael aka MPLexus301 !!! They were hatched 3-15 and I received them 6-1 at 5.2 grams and 5.4g.Now as of 8-7 they are 10.1g and 11.7g.

I have notice that they have gained around 2g to 2.5g per month.Is this normal weight gain for chahoua this age?

These high red Troegers are my most laid back of the group when handled of 5 that I have,can't wait to see all of the red colors come in that their parents have.

I will show pics of the other 3 that I received from Jon Boone in the next post.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tanksalot For This Useful Post:

MPLexus301 (08-10-2012)

Thanks

D'aaaw, love the 3rd pic ^^ I don't know much about Chahouas, but I have to say they're so cute!
    0.1.0 Crested Geckos (Nandatil)

Thanks

I was just about to email you and ask how these two were doing, so pics are even better! They are right on the verge of getting super red...give it another few weeks and you will be very happy, I think

Keep us updated!
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Here are the 2 German Line siblings from Jon Boone,I call them "High White and Marking" Troeger.They were hatched around first of May and I received them early June at 7.4g and 5.4g and as of 8-7 they are 9.7g and 9.0g.

They both have crazy markings,the larger one has a spot right in the middle of the neck and a "bird flying in the distance" a little lower.The smaller of the 2 has all of these markings that look like bird's foot prints.I guess I will have to give them bird names LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Thanks

I am really happy with the 2 Red Troegers that I received from you Michael!! They have been eating like pigs lately,phoenix worms,dusted wax worms used sparingly,papaya and mango fruit smoothies with added honey and some yogurt and Clarks gecko diet.Oh yeah they also Love fresh figs!!! But not CGD!

Have you Michael or anyone tried the new CGD formula with their chahoua to see if they like it better than the old formula?
    Last edited by tanksalot; 08-11-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying them!

I have tried the newer CGD and my chewies still don't care much for it. One pair will eat it a little better than they have previous versions, but if they really enjoy it, they are certainly doing a good job of containing their enthusiasm. The others are as disinterested as they have always been.

P.S. your other chewies from Jon Boone are wonderful too. You have a killer group of geckos!

Thanks

Here is my last pics of the night of my last chahoua.I have a hunch that it is a male but I need to check for pores.It is a Czech blood line so I named it Czech Norris.It was 13g back in 6-8 and as of 8-7 it is at 17g.

It's colors are coming in pretty good! I like the pic of Czech Norris staring down the cork bark wanting to jump to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by tanksalot; 08-11-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

Thanks Michael for your help and kind words for the group!!

I am hoping to have 2 unrelated pairs from the group to breed in the future and certainly hooked on chahoua after wanting them when I used to keep crested geckos well over 10 years ago.I guarantee that I will be getting some Pine Islands from Michael in the future as his breeders are Top Notch as well from others on the forum.

There still must be something in the CGD that the chahoua don't care for then.In the new formula Repashy took out the egg protein saying that crested geckos don't like too much of it but for chahoua I think they don't seem to mind the egg protein b/c it is the main ingredient in the Clark's food which mine like.I will just continue to feed mine mainly the bug and fruit diet which they eat very well with the Clark's.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tanksalot For This Useful Post:

MPLexus301 (08-11-2012)

Thanks

Czech is a stunner too. You really have a nice group of Mainlands...we will have to look into some bloodline swaps down the line

Thanks

VERY nice. top shelf animals for sure