Thread: a few chewie questions

Default a few chewie questions

Hi!
    I am hoping to get my first ever chahoua later this year but first I have a question. I do own a couple of cresties and in doing research on chewies I see their care is similar.
    My question is what are the main difference in chewies care and crested care?
    I just want to make sure I have everything prepared for when I buy one.
    Thanx!

Bump--would like to know as well

I'm sure other chewie owners with more experience than me will chime in, but when I purchased my chewie I found there were 3 major differences to keeping cresteds:

1) their diet should include more gut loaded/dusted bugs in addition to a regular supply of CGD.
    2) when I purchased my chewie from Leapin' Leachies, Steve recommended that I keep the humidity a little higher. I mist my chewie a little more heavily/frequently to achieve this.
    3) they are heavier-bodied animals, so they need more thick perches in their enclosure.

Other than that I've found their care to be pretty much the same. Hope that helps!

OffTheRhac hit everything. My only additional isn't about care, but about the perches OffTheRhac mentioned. They love corkbark. I usually add it into all of my chahoua enclosures. Rounds or flats.

Yes, corkbark=happychahoua
    Paul Morlock
    Paul@RhacHouse.com
    RhacHouse.com
    'Like' us on Facebook

Great!
    Thanx for advice!

Also- provide MUCH more room than ypu would with a Crested gecko. Don't forget that, guys!