Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about number of posts

Thanks

It seems to me that in the past if I was gone on vacation for a couple of days or something I would return to 7 or 8 pages of unread posts. It seemed like more than 100, but I never actually counted. I'm fine with 100 past posts though... it beats the 35 or 40 that I was getting for a while there. Thanks Matt.
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Thanks

I also remember getting more then 4 pages, and many of them being more then a day old. so well over 100 posts. when I took trips and such. my grand mother does not have internet. sigh
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

The What's New tab should give you all of the posts since you last logged in, which could be 100's. I have no limit set on that.

The Todays Posts link will only show 24 hours of posts, there is no way for me to up that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Parks View Post
    The What's New tab should give you all of the posts since you last logged in, which could be 100's. I have no limit set on that.

The Todays Posts link will only show 24 hours of posts, there is no way for me to up that.
    OK, it does make perfect sense that the "Today's Posts" link would only take you back 24 hours (I don't really use that link),
    but I'm still a little confused. Does the "What's New" button do something different than the "New Posts" button? I'm used to hitting the "New Posts" button.
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Thanks

I also remember getting more then 4 pages, and many of them being more then a day old.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhatfield View Post
    I also remember getting more then 4 pages, and many of them being more then a day old.
    When clicking on the What's New tab you will get as many new posts as have been made since your last visit. It will be 1 page, 2 pages, 3 pages long depending on the time since your last visit. If you are gone for a week it will be very long. The "Today's Posts" tab in the drop down will show you 24 hours worth of new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sciteacher View Post
    OK, it does make perfect sense that the "Today's Posts" link would only take you back 24 hours (I don't really use that link),
    but I'm still a little confused. Does the "What's New" button do something different than the "New Posts" button? I'm used to hitting the "New Posts" button.
    What's New and New Posts are the same thing.

Thanks

Thanks for changing things. Now I"m getting what I was getting before and am not missing anything.

Aliza