Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Baby Uromastyx geyri

Thanks

Default My Baby Uromastyx geyri

Okay, after having him for a month now I finally snagged some pics of him I'm having fun with a complete vegetarian!!!! Beans and lots of greens and NO crickets that's great!!
    Dorothy dubbed him Gossamer and it stuck so here's Gossamer:

Thanks for looking
    Oh, and how do you sex them? I have heard that it is by the color on their belly, but do they have anal pores on both sexes? Thanks!
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

Nice Uro

Thanks

Awww he looks so young! I love the orange streaks on his back.

On sexing I'm not sure, but my Mali is sexed by the color on his back (females are dirt brown).
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

I am just having loads of fun with him!!
    But dang they like it hot!!!!!
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

There are several ways to sex saharans, usually when you have color that's really bright (on an adult) it's safe to say it's a male, but you'll see in the pics below that while my female is not as bright as the male she's still got a good bit of color. They do have femoral pores on both sexes but they are MUCH more prominent and easily seen on a mature male.
    He's a cutie! How old is he? If he's young that orange is going to be killer! He's got a great pattern. Here are my two, Maynard and Tori.
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks

Ahhh, they are cute Minerva!!! Do they like to be together? They are really pretty!! and Orange!!! He just now started to show orange on his head.
    Mine is still realy young, I think they hatched him out just this year. The people I got him from are the most reptile crazy people I know. They would do any thing for their animals. So I knew I was getting a good little guy.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cml3.0 View Post
    Ahhh, they are cute Minerva!!! Do they like to be together? .
    Thanks! They are so much fun. They love to be together, and will often times sleep stacked on top of each other. They like to spend a little time apart sometimes, though, just like any couple They are so active and I think that's what makes me love mine so much. they're always fun to watch. Mine were both w/c and I got them straight from the distributor, so it was't great at first because they were so scared, but within a week or two I had them eating right out of my hand!
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks

Ya, mines a little flighty. But I think that is because he is so small. I was thinking about geting him a friend but I don't know how he will react. That helps knowing you have yours together. I just love how they pose on their rock, and then stare up at you, lol.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

Thanks

Hey Minerva I got another one last night. I traded for it (my baby hognose and a crested ) He is a sweetie. Hopefully he will calm my first one down a bit because he is sooo well mannered.

Thanks
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

Thanks

Very cool! For some reason they seem to be pretty social. I don't know what two males will be like when grown because I have no experience with housing males together, but at least for a while he'll have a companion and it will probably help reduce his stress level.
    ~Kurt Vonnegut