Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M.i.A eggs?

Thanks

Default M.i.A eggs?

I Purchased a female who then laid eggs the day after i got her, one egg shriveled the other is in the incubator and Continuing to grow.
    She was 28.6g before she laid, 2 days ago when i weighed her she was 35.4g then today when i weighed her she was only 31.8?
    I Checked her entire enclosure for eggs, ( she's on paper towel ) Her laybox had absolutely nothing in it, Nothing under her Repti Cave..even checked her fake plants..
    My question: Can Geckos have Miscarriages? And I'm asking this on a serious Note.
    I can't think of anything else that could have made her drop nearly 3-4g in two days other than egglaying?

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

1.1.0 Pantherophis guttatus

AM Exotics

Thanks

Default mmmm.....

Maybe she had an omelet for breakfast??
    MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
    I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
    Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Thanks

This^? I really have no idea.
    0.0.1 R. ciliatus
    1.0 R. auriculatus
    0.0.1 R. leachianus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrestieCool View Post
    Maybe she had an omelet for breakfast??
    lol, That thought crossed my mind, but noooo.

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

AM Exotics

Thanks

this happened to me, i had a gecko that was 35 grams and then she dropped to about 29 grams over night with no eggs in sight, no where in the cage and i checked that lay box a dozen times, a day later they were in the laybox >.< and by the next day she went back up to normal weight, confused the hell out of me..um.so i guess give it a day or two?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsime For This Useful Post:

Inkscrawlly (07-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsime View Post
    this happened to me, i had a gecko that was 35 grams and then she dropped to about 29 grams over night with no eggs in sight, no where in the cage and i checked that lay box a dozen times, a day later they were in the laybox >.< and by the next day she went back up to normal weight, confused the hell out of me..um.so i guess give it a day or two?
    Woah, that is Intense!? I guess I'll give her a few days and check the laybox again, My First thought after posting " Hopefully this has happened to someone, anyone " I Called my friend, "Can crests have miscarriages?" I looked it up on here and read one thread about eggs dying or something, Her sides are still plump Like she's gravid. so i suppose its just the Waiiting Game.

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

AM Exotics

Thanks

I had a similar experience with a virgin crestie last month. She seemed to be gravid, gaining approx 4-5grams & then dropped back to her normal weight overnight. I searched everything in her viv but found no eggs, 2 nights later I saw her in the laybox/hide for the 1st time ever (she's the only one I have that doesn't like to hang out in it at least occasionally) & then the next morning there was 1 egg (unfertile of course). She never laid a 2nd egg & now we're approaching the same time that she laid last month so I'm curious to see if she'll lay again this month or not & if she does, if it's one egg or two....
    4.1 Dogs: Baringer, Riesling, Trunks, Tebow & Dante 1.0 Sulcata: Cavin 1.1 KSB: Mordecei & P.B. 2.2.6 Gargoyles: Venture, Triana, LSP, Nyx, 21 & 24 0.2 Leopard Geckos: Videl & Eclipse 1. 0AFT: Rigby 7.7.19 Cresties: Ghost, Drayven, Morzan, Jelly, Esme, Peach, Marcelene, Ino, Chi, Haven, Tsunade, Senju, Cinna, Tribute, Jiraya, Iruka, Kurama, Seelie, Kushina, Tada & Iyrony 1.0 Short Tailed Opossum: Daubie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Untaimed For This Useful Post:

Inkscrawlly (07-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Untaimed View Post
    I had a similar experience with a virgin crestie last month. She seemed to be gravid, gaining approx 4-5grams & then dropped back to her normal weight overnight. I searched everything in her viv but found no eggs, 2 nights later I saw her in the laybox/hide for the 1st time ever (she's the only one I have that doesn't like to hang out in it at least occasionally) & then the next morning there was 1 egg (unfertile of course). She never laid a 2nd egg & now we're approaching the same time that she laid last month so I'm curious to see if she'll lay again this month or not & if she does, if it's one egg or two....
    Thats so crazy.. Im curious to see if these are fertile like the last ones. the other one wasn't calcified enough =\ but the one incubating is at 38 days. she's due for eggs again so i've been patiently waiting, but of course have been paying extra attention to her weight, and when i saw the scale say 31 my eyes went O_O, then No eggs.. I Never planned on breeding/ incubating but i couldn't throw out a fertile egg.. just don't have the heart, or too much of one I guess we'll see if eggs pop up within the next few days, keep me updated on yours aswell!

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

AM Exotics

Thanks

So you were most certainly Right! my little "virgin" (she's not..) Laid her second clutch, i patiently waited all night.
    One fertile, one dud just like the first. Poor girl is at 29g now, But hopefully within a few weeks will get back up to a good weight again.
    Name:  DSC_0440.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  89.8 KBName:  DSC_0442.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  83.5 KBName:  DSC_0447.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  75.7 KB

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

AM Exotics

Thanks

At least her weight was up to a more healthy number prior to laying this clutch. Jeez....biting tongue, keeping other comments to myself !:mad: