Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatchling spasms

Thanks

Default Hatchling spasms

Hi everyone,

I have some new hatchlings this this year and one of them is doing a little wierd. I can describe his behavior as SPASMS.
    Watch this video, and especially the last seconds. He is acting like that the whole time.

Is there someone who had something like that before? And is it curable?
    His brother/sister is completely normal.

Thanks for helping me out,
    Kevin

Thanks

How old is he? It looks like a balance problem.

Thanks

1,5 weeks

Thanks

Has it shed? Has it eaten any CGD? What are the sire and dame backround? How long did it incubate?
    It seems to be lethargic of sorts.............. Id give it pedialyte soak and watch it. Keep its temps around 74-76 degress.
    Thank You! -
    I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
    http://www.geckodome.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrise View Post
    Has it shed? Has it eaten any CGD? What are the sire and dame backround? How long did it incubate?
    It seems to be lethargic of sorts.............. Id give it pedialyte soak and watch it. Keep its temps around 74-76 degress.
    I'm just lurking... but what's a pedialyte soak? You mean like Childrens Pedialyte Juice? What does this do? I'm just curious. Thanks
    Hi! I'm CarrieAnn
    6.5.6.0 Crested Geckos 0.3.0 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.0 Bearded Dragon 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor
    1.0 Yellow Belly BP 1.0 Chihuahua
    & a 5 year old daughter <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnnsCresties View Post
    I'm just lurking... but what's a pedialyte soak? You mean like Childrens Pedialyte Juice? What does this do? I'm just curious. Thanks
    A Pedialyte soak is a bath of usually 1/2 pedialyte (yes, the children's kind), 1/2 water, and is often recommended as part of home treatment for ailing animals. It hydrates them (as they absorb water through their vent) and restores much-needed electrolytes, and this process can often perk them up and help them feel better, especially if they were dehydrated in the first place and that was part of their problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cassicat4 View Post
    A Pedialyte soak is a bath of usually 1/2 pedialyte (yes, the children's kind), 1/2 water, and is often recommended as part of home treatment for ailing animals. It hydrates them (as they absorb water through their vent) and restores much-needed electrolytes, and this process can often perk them up and help them feel better, especially if they were dehydrated in the first place and that was part of their problem.
    Oh makes sense So is this something you only do with really sick reptiles? Is it okay to do on a reptile that seems just a little lethargic? Could it ever harm a reptile?
    Hi! I'm CarrieAnn
    6.5.6.0 Crested Geckos 0.3.0 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.0 Bearded Dragon 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor
    1.0 Yellow Belly BP 1.0 Chihuahua
    & a 5 year old daughter <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnnsCresties View Post
    Oh makes sense So is this something you only do with really sick reptiles? Is it okay to do on a reptile that seems just a little lethargic? Could it ever harm a reptile?
    I've been told (by a herp vet) that there's no harm in giving this bath to healthy reptiles just to ensure they stay adequately hydrated, especially when we are experiencing extreme summer temps which can affect our critters. I've been giving it once/week to my beardie since this heat wave and it's really perked him up! I don't believe it could ever harm a reptile unless you are buying the flavored Pedialyte (which contains sugar) and they are drinking a lot of it during their bath. Too much sugar can cause issues in some reptiles. To be safe, I stick with the unflavoured Pedialyte and even give it to him orally (as per vet instructions) to keep him hydrated.

Thanks

It has shed and eaten CGD.
    "How long did it incubate?" -> 81 days, at room temperature.
    I'll try the soak you are talking about.

This morning he was laying on his back, when I touched him he was walking in circles with his head moving from one side to the other.. This makes me worry...

Both of the parents are Harlequin:

Thanks

I had a cat that did that as a result of a stroke, can also indicate blindness/poor muscle control on one side. That definitely seems bad, have you had him into the vet yet?