Thread: Tiny Bugs. No Wood in Habitat.

Thanks

Exclamation Tiny Bugs. No Wood in Habitat.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in so long. I am glad to see that the community is still going strong.

Here is my dilemma:
    When feeding and misting my two adolescent gecks I noticed tiny, tiny bugs scurrying about their terrariums. My cohabiting adults don't have this problem. The thing that baffles is me is that there is no bark, cork or other wood based furniture in the tanks. One is a simple plastic tank with one plastic hanging plant and the other has multiple plastic fixtures. However, there are neighboring snake habitats that have moss and bark substrates. Along with a petrified log on the shelve but not in the tanks. Could this be the root of the problem? Origin aside, what is the best course of action to remedy this problem? Do this tiny tiny creatures tend to venture forth and into human habitats?

Thanks guys & gals.
    Skarah 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus: Tortellini. Voluta, Fiori. Keeto.
    1.0.0 P. guttatus: Mais.
    2.0.0 Iranian plateau Felis catus: Umbreon, Espeon
    0.1.0 Rattus norvegicus: Bux.
    1.0.0 B. splendens (elephant ear): Gyrados
    0.0.1 Pogona vitticeps: Charmeleon

Thanks

What do you use for substrate in your gecko's enclosure? I often find tiny bugs in the enclosures where I've used plantation soil. I've never had a problem with them, and I only usually replace the substrate if the bugs start to annoy the occupant. I've never had a problem with these bugs moving into my other critters' enclosures or posing a problem for me at all, so if what I have are the same as what you're seeing, then hopefully this helps.

Thanks

I had a problem with tiny white bugs and it turned out they were book lice that were there eating mold. They were harmless to my critters and went away when I switched out the wood.

Thanks

since you might not know what they are at the moment, If i were you it would probably clean out my cages and put some type of spray that they sell at the pet stores for mites, ticks, and etc.... and just spray the tanks with it.....You could spray the reptiles but not on their eyes as well.